Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

Postby Anya324 » 21 Jan 2013, 23:51

Only took meds this morning cuz I had go on an errand with the family. I sat in the car with the twins so hubby wouldn't have to take them in Lowes (or leave me alone at home with them). When we returned I went straight back to bed and that's where I've stayed all day. Without any pain killers I am much more aware of the surgical site and it actually helps me to follow orders and stay horizontal. I just took some NyQuil for pain and to sleep. Didnt poop today which was surprising. My belly rumbled all night and all morning from that MoM. Hopefully ill go first thing tomorrow am and just be done for the day.
Because of no pain meds and being more aware I noticed that I had some concentrated pain so I wanted my hubby to look at it and tell me if it was a Wiley stitch or what. I laid on my side like I would in the dr office which is not the norm at home but I didn't want to move around too much since I'm uncomfortable. He took a pic of it for me and I was alarmed to see this swollen thing coming out of my bum that slightly resembled a cashew. If that didnt freak me out enough, there's also a nasty stink down there. I zipped into "brink-of-panic" mode and grabbed the hand mirror (thanks dh for picking it up at WM!) and realized much to my complete releif that what we were seeing was just the skin graft. The way I was laying on the bed made it all poofie looking. It's def swollen but not so bad. The smell was cuz I didn't have a pad in my cheeks to absorb the drainage. Blood is a really smelly fluid.... Image
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. It's nice to know I have a support group of people who know what I've gone thru.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby marg6043 » 22 Jan 2013, 14:47

Anya is ok to panic for a bit when things do not look normal but remember is only going to get better, that alone will keep you going.
Is nothing wrong with checking things to make sure healing is doing ok.
Having surgery and having things cut and nip or added will bring some apprehension about infections and that is ok also, is nothing wrong with all that.
Just relax and let the healing take over, but always be watchful.
You are doing great.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Anya324 » 24 Jan 2013, 23:41

Saw CRS today and he said things look perfect :) yay!!!! Donor site has closed up nicely and the graft tissue is still on place with all stitches in tact. Keeping my BMs soft (think soft serve ice cream...sorry but its the picture description I can think of...) Trying to stay off my feet and lay to one side but that's Nearly impossible for me. Dr says I can sit straight on my bum because the graft isn't going anywhere but it's uncomfortable to do for too long. I do a lot of switching cheeks (:
Follow up is next wed. He says if all looks well he can discharge me early since he's retiring. Says there's no reason for me to drive 90mins to see someone new if it looks good next week.
Keep praying. The transition from pain meds with Miralax to none of either is the toughest for me. I don't like the gluey BMs I get with Miralax so I don't want to continue taking it once I don't need the Percocet. Have to find the right combo of coliace, Citrucel and food.... Ha
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 25 Jan 2013, 10:36

Hi, Anya I'm so glad your surgery went well and you are finally on the road to recovery. How is your pain level one week post op? I wonder if it still hurts to have a bm or if things seem to stretch better in that area. Keep posting, there are so many out there who need a positive outcome with this type of surgery. Your experiences will help so much. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby delasama » 25 Jan 2013, 10:45

massage your tummy and pray to the poop gods :)
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Anya324 » 25 Jan 2013, 14:34

delasama wrote:massage your tummy and pray to the poop gods :)

I pooped long ago! Thanks tho! Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 25 Jan 2013, 15:02

suzyljank wrote:Hi, Anya I'm so glad your surgery went well and you are finally on the road to recovery. How is your pain level one week post op? I wonder if it still hurts to have a bm or if things seem to stretch better in that area. Keep posting, there are so many out there who need a positive outcome with this type of surgery. Your experiences will help so much. Suzy

Our mutual friend reminded me if this fact that never occurred to me: The fissure is covered by the flap. No fissure; no bm pain. It's bliss. Clean up is uncomfortable for me cuz my BMs are gooey (from the Miralax) so I actually do wipe, wash, pad etc. no matter what it's a lot of irritation to the area so after a BM I am whipped! And sore. And resting :)
The pain I have is pretty steady at a 4-6. Pain meds take it down to a 2 with pressure. The pain is a bit of a burning or stinging sensation. I can lay flat or on my side with minimal discomfort and can stand for 10-20 mins without a great increase in pain. The most painful action is from sitting to standing, walking for extended periods, rolling over-basically anything that causes my cheeks to rub. I keep a pad in between my cheeks to soak up the drainage-this is necessary cause without it I risk a fungal infection (and its super stinky!) but makes things slightly more uncomfortable cuz it's right up against the stitches so it rubs with nearly every move I make.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 25 Jan 2013, 15:40

Are you still on the heavy duty pain meds? I was wondering if the spasms went away? To me those are the worst feeling ever. I'm getting closer to making the decision to go for the surgery . I would love to able to wake up in the morning and not worry what's going to happen when I go to the bathroom. It tends to rule your life. I bet the stitches can get uncomfortable but hopefully they will fall out soon and you'll be good. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Postby Anya324 » 25 Jan 2013, 16:06

Still taking the heavy duties, yes. One or two a day. I haven't ever had spasms. Until yesterday. Lasted for a hour or so. Didnt experience them after today's BM so thinking it was just an anomaly...
Do it, Suzy! It's a totally different world. A better one Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 25 Jan 2013, 16:27

Hi, you never had spasms even with your fissure? Wow, I hate those the most. Once in a while I get that charlie horse feeling up the bum and that one can take your breath away. If surgery would get rid of that I'd do it in a minute. Suzy
suzyljank