Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 06:00

Hey all! I just had the surgery yesterday for a chronic fissure. The dr must have loaded me with local cuz I didn't feel a thing until about 20 mins ago (19hrs postop). I was given Percocet 5/325 and Toradol to be taken as needed for pain. I took it yesterday to get ahead of the pain and it really made my stomach hurt high up, in the soft spot right below where my ribs meet. So before bed I took NyQuil and set an alarm for 4am to take something else but I turned it off and fell back asleep cuz nothing hurt and I didn't wanna upset my belly. I am really nervous to take the pain meds if they're gonna tear up my stomach. I can't solve one prob and start another!?!
I have been in contact with a lady that had this done and she said she took aleve and Tylenol to control the pain. Thinking I may give that a shoot. What I found interesting, and I'd like some advice here, is that her CRS said no Sitz baths cuz they can damage the flap but my CRS sent me home with one and instructions to do them.
I hate doing the sitz baths. I find them awkward and uncomfortable and the last time (fissurectomy 10/12-failed due to my own incompetence), thru a series of unfortunate events, I got a raging fungal infection in my skin. While I don't believe the sitz were the main cause of the infection, sitting in a warm wet bath 5x/day makes fungi do a little happy dance Image so I'd love to avoid that mess again. So...thoughts?
Last edited by Anya324 on 18 Jan 2013, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Can't spell ;P
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

Postby suzyljank » 18 Jan 2013, 06:47

Hi Anya,
I'm so glad you were able to talk to my friend before surgery. I hope you continue to do well. Just rest and really baby your behind. Keep your bms really soft and use your shower head to keep the area clean. Everything I've read about the surgery says not to use a sitz until the graft takes but I'm not a doctor. I hope you heal quickly and can give a positive review of the surgery. I'm sure they are lots of people who will be interested in how you do, I know I'm one of the. Do you know what type of flap your doctor did? Take care. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 18 Jan 2013, 07:41

Hi anya
I really hope this procedure is the answer for you, I really do.
Remember to drink that water... Eat well... And rest as much as you can... I know that is easier said than done with your little ones!
OMB xxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby marg6043 » 18 Jan 2013, 08:27

Anya, glad to see that you are doing well and able to share you recovery with us, hopefully things will get better and life will be much easier for you.
About the sitz bath, if you feel uncomfortable perhaps just siting in the bathtub may help, but make sure you ask your doctor first.
Take it easy.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 11:52

It's just me be a princess and not liking sitting in one spot without a tv and all that. Plus, I feel a little trapped, claustrophobic even. I think I'd feel the same in the tub. I am going to sit on a heating pad for blood flow and use my bidet attachment for cleaning as well as the Balneol (holy $$$ batman!!) and I think I'll be just fine =)
Pain isnt bad today. Took my meds and ate cream of wheat for breakfast with milk and honey. Lunch was a smoothie that included low fat organic yogurt, flax meal, protein powder, blueberries and strawberries and a dash of lactose-free fat-free milk. It was, in a word, Delish!!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 18 Jan 2013, 12:59

You sound like you doing really well. I'm so happy for you. Which pain meds are you taking? When I take a sitz I just take my ipad with me. I have hbogo so I catch up on the movies I missed. Heal soon, Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 15:49

Ya-I haven't pooped yet. I'm sure y'all will know when I do cuz you'll hear me scream. I'm interested to see how the next few days go. I'm not expecting to feel as good as I do. Still prepping for the worst. Image
I am taking percoset 5/325 and toradol 10mg. I took them
This morning around 9:30 and then again at 4pm. I will probably take the toradol with NyQuil next time I feel like I need the medicine and just go to bed.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 17:41

reflecting:
I called the Dr and they said that the main reason he wants sitz baths is for cleanliness. I told them I have a bidet and they said that should be fine. So I just use it after I go potty, pat dry and put a pad in my cheeks =) gonna sit on a heating pad to encourage blood flow. I am not as swollen this time as i was with the fissurectomy and LIS. It was nearly impossible to pass gas the last time. This time is way way easier, just have to be in the right position. I couldn't empty my bladder all the way last time either (which is why I got the uti...) and this time I am peeing like normal. This is all around a much more pleasant experience thus far.
....But i still havent pooped so.....
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 18 Jan 2013, 17:53

Hi, did you have the y-v flap done and are you on a special diet? How do you keep from getting constipated on Percocet? Lots of questions I know but my next step is the flap surgery so I'm curious. You sound great hope you continue to improve with little to no pain. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Anya324 » 18 Jan 2013, 23:56

He did the House flap. It actually looks like a little row house with a long chimney. In my ass. Bahahahahahaha. I could send you a picture of it. The dr took it for us when I was all stitched up. Have I said before how much I adore him?!?
I only took two Percocet today along with the toradol. At 9:30 and 4 and held off til midnight to take NyQuil and the toradol. Tomorrow I'm going to try your friends suggestion of Tylenol with the toradol and see how I feel. Miralax works for me very well-too well actually. It gives me soft, gooey BMs that are a pain to clean up. But I figure that that is better than the alternative rock-hard-narcotic-induced-brick that I'd endup with without it. Coliace doesn't do squat for me. And, differing from Elise's doc, he said that my stools should be normal, spongy almost. Not liquidy. I'm pretty certain I will have a BM tomorrow so I will post about it. Aren't you looking forward to that post?!? Haha
He gave me no diet restrictions. No weight limits either. Just lost of water and rest :)
Anya324
Salt Bather