Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby asdf123456 » 15 Aug 2014, 21:26

How did you go about researching your CRS? I think I've gone to some pretty reputable people so far, and nobody seems to have a clue. This is such a specific thing, it's hard to find someone who would specialize in treating it.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 16 Aug 2014, 07:07

I just asked on here, googled and went to the uk's best known medical area... Harley street.
What major city are you Near? Try googling for crs there. Are you near any highly thought of hospitals? Try googling crs's there. Post on here asking for recommendations. Can you travel? I have heard of the mayo clinic... Are you able to get there? Email them?? It may be a case of more expense and travelling I'm afraid.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby asdf123456 » 16 Aug 2014, 08:45

I will ask on here, but I've been to quite of number of highly regard surgeons in NYC and the surrounding area. I think I've seen 6 so far... I really don't believe there is value in getting another opinion. I need a flap. Everyone seems to agree on that at least, but some are reluctant to try to re-flap. I might start looking into plastic surgeons to see if there are any that have done this work before.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby SSK » 16 Aug 2014, 13:11

Hi asdf,

I'm sorry you feel that you are being shuffled around. I share your sentiment, or at least shared it till I visited Mayo. Although, I didn't get any treatment there, but I was at least relieved to know what exactly was my problem and what are the options available to me. I know we have chatted about this before but I would urge you to give mayo a shot. The doctors there see patients from around the world and most if them are difficult cases. They are equipped with a large repertoire of cases and databases to treat hard problems. If you feel that you have indeed exhausted your options there, please don't throw in the towel before going to mayo. I'm not sure if your insurance will cover out of tri state area hospitals, but they do accept all major insurance plans. Mine was pretty much everything covered and I paid only about $100 for my visit. Again, I had no surgery/tests done there except for some blood work.
Please think about it.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6