Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby asdf123456 » 30 Jun 2014, 10:14

27-days post/op- still bleeding, and I think from two fissure sites now as indicated by 2 separate streaks of blood. Now I'm contemplating what type of flap, when to flap, and who to do the flapping. I think I'll probably just settle on my old CRS because I know him pretty well and I really don't trust any ratings organizations or anecdotal reviews. My inclination to tell them to just hurry up with all this, and maybe throw in a 5th botox at the same time, but now I am genuinely scared of complications because I have had so many failed surgeries and procedures.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 30 Jun 2014, 15:58

Asdf...... I'm so sorry you've still got all these fissures..... I was hoping to get back off holiday and see an improvement for you.
I think it's wise to talk things through thoroughly with your most trusted CRS now, and work out a plan.

Have a huge virtual hug from me...... You will get there, I'm sure of it!

OMB xxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby owmybum » 07 Aug 2014, 11:22

How are you doing asdf??

Have you discussed another type of flap with anyone??

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 07 Aug 2014, 11:34

Hi OMB, I hope you are starting to feel better. I have discussed another flap, and two surgeons recommended a reflap with a plastic surgeon present for consultation. My understanding is that plastic surgeons are really good at flaps, regardless of their location, so having one in the room will help the CRS make the appropriate cuts. I'm really on the outs though, because I don't know if I can survive another surgery, mentally and physically. It was also recommended to me to get a manometry, which I am considering, but reluctant to do because I do not believe I have a spasm in the least. If anything, after all the botox, LIS, and other stuff, I'm worried I have too little muscle tone, not too much. I would be very reluctant to get LIS again without first trying this flap.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 07 Aug 2014, 11:52

It is probably worth getting the manomentry test done. Not only does it test pressure, it measures what volume can be held etc.... Anything that gives your crs a clearer picture of what is going on in there can't be a bad thing can it!

What are your pain levels at the moment... Say on a 1-10 scale? Are you able to get on with a relatively normal life, but with pain? Or are you unable to function on an every day basis??
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 07 Aug 2014, 13:18

I'd describe my pain just as you did a few weeks back, like a 3-4 after BMs and then after sitting in a hard chair or sometimes doing other stuff it hurts also. My bum is yangin' right? That sounds about right. It's just that I put everything into healing over the last few months and failed so miserably, hbot, kenalog, the y-v flap, all the second opinions, and now have lost my job. I can't very well go get another one with surgery pending, so I'm stuck in a rut. I don't know how much more I can take. They all told me I would heal, and I did all that and I am still here.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 09 Aug 2014, 10:29

I know it sucks.... And I know you have tried everything you can to heal the tear..... But don't give up hope.
There are still options open to you. I know they aren't pleasant ones, but you do still have places to go.

Have you spoken to dr fenigold and asked why the kenalog didn't work for you... And see if he has any other suggestions?

How about researching top crs in the country and emailing them, with your predicament, and asking what 'they' would do. There's no harm in that?

OMB xx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 12 Aug 2014, 20:19

Thanks OMB.

I hope your starting to feel better. Feingold didn't know why I didn't heal, and he actually does not know why Kenalog works in the first place for everyone else either. He just said it works and it's cheap, so who cares really.

I spoke to another CRS today who recommended the internal flap that you had. He said that I, like you, need a flap of some kind- it's just a matter of where to get the flap from now that some of my external skin has already been used. He said I can try another one from the outside again, and if it fails, come back to him for the internal flap.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 15 Aug 2014, 12:31

So I just got back from the plastic surgeons office. She essentially recused herself from the surgery because she said she hasn't done this before...as I expected. She said she'd think about it and speak to my CRS to see what can be done. Bummer. This whole ordeal has been a fool's errand. I wish so badly I could go back in time and not have that first surgery. Now I'm getting shuffled around like a lab rat, and it looks like I am at the end of my treatment options.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 15 Aug 2014, 16:40

Well, at least she was honest... You really don't want someone inexperienced to do the surgery do you?!

Visit the crs who said he was willing to do another flap. Ask questions, see how you feel about him, and see what he says when he has a look at your rear.

You are certainly not a lab rat..... And you are NOT at the end of your treatment options. Something will be done... Keep looking around for a good reputable crs. That's what I had to do... And I had to travel to get treatment from him. Try to stay positive..... However hard it seems, and however desperate you feel things can change.

OMB xxxxxx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum