great results from lowering fiber!! how did that happen...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

great results from lowering fiber!! how did that happen...

Postby Agibson » 06 Dec 2017, 05:49

Hi Folks,

hope you're all having good days today.

I recently had (another) great success, having suffered horrible AFs for 7 years now, often looking to fiber to help me (as prev posts).

I recently went away for a month with work, and basically every meal i had to choose from a menu (restaurant, hotel etc). sounds like our worst nightmare right? I had a month of no pain! friendly soft small stools, and daily easy movements. lots of water still. no creams or supplements.

i was basically healed and painfree for the whole time i was away! when i returned i got back into my habits of muesli and loads veg. A couple of larger BM's later i was back to pain again! So, I made list of what i ate whilst away, followed it, and right now im pain free again!

Its true that without the fiber my BMs missed occasional days, but they weren't hard when they arrived. im guessing the mass went down thats all. but no dry hard stool or even a plug.

Im very surprised but happy with the present result! I still avoided red meat and sugar, but im sure my fat and salt intake went up a lot, maybe that is what i was missing.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Happily confused for once!
Agibson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: great results from lowering fiber!! how did that happen.

Postby hurtinend » 06 Dec 2017, 20:02

This is one of the frustrations....what works for one, may not work for another. If I don't eat high fibre, I get plugged up, big time. That being said, going easily everyday has not helped my pain one bit.

I'm glad you discovered that less fibre may help you. Now that you are back home, you may want to try the diet you were on when away...see if the pattern continues.
hurtinend
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30