What positive things has your fissure wrought?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What positive things has your fissure wrought?

Postby SunshineHope » 06 Feb 2008, 03:41

To interrupt the lovely convo everyone is having,
1) I've stopped eating such horrible, dorm like, disgusting, college food 24/7 (e.g. cereal for dinner, chips and salsa for breakfast, pizza for all 3 meals, etc etc etc.) because I just can't do it :)
2) Since I've stopped eating a lot of the crap I used to, I feel healthier
3) Since I feel healthier, I try eating healthier things, e.g. more fruits and veggies
4) It has inspired me to make other changes in my life e.g. drinking more water, maybe even buying a $30 Lululemon water bottle that'll force me to drink more
5) It makes me wanna work out... Cause I get sick of all the "sick days" just chilling on my bed
6) It's made me feel oh so mature and so much wiser...
7) I feel like I've learned so much about anal health that I find myself giving advice to other people, including my fissure/anal problem ridden grandmom... She has so many problems with her bum and has had a few surgeries down there - soo sensitive. I feel honoured to be able to give her advice on pain reduction
Image I've learned so much about finding non-constipating supplements (e.g. all fruit based iron supplements)
9) I've learned that you can still be healthy and eat well without having dairy everyday or every other day or every week :)
10) I've met all you beautiful people
11) I've learned to appreciate days where I don't have pain and can go on a long trip somewhere without having a sore bum
12) I've learned to be so thankful for what I do have
13) I've learned to sympathize with other people who have similar problems - you never know how precious/important a bum is until you get a fissure (or hemmys)
14) I've learned about which food helps you poop and which blocks you up! This knowledge is so valuable, especially when you're travelling or away from home and have limited resources... For example if I have my period and am having frequent BMs and have no access to medication, I can either grab some milk or have a banana, and I know this will settle my stomach a bit. Or if I'm really clogged up I know which fruits help me (e.g. strawberries and any berries, grapes, etc.)
15) I've learned so much about my body, I've gotten used to touching my fissure/skin tag to see if I can feel/sense any changes... I feel like I know myself better
Hmmm.. I could go on but I should sleep now! Ciao
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby erik » 08 Feb 2008, 23:18

1. Better Nutrition which begot...
2. weight loss and more exercise which begot...
3. better understanding of health in general, mental & emotional which begot...
4. a much better understanding of my nether region which begot...
5. a much better understanding of my body and how it works
6. which made me more in touch with my pain & living with pain.
7. which has made me more compassionate.
8. which has made me a better person.
....but the fissure still is really lame....
9. i hope to reach the point in my life where having a movement isn't a religious experience.
and can be fun again.
erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 09 Feb 2008, 10:53

You are too funny, Erik. Good analysis.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Feb 2008, 12:17

9. i hope to reach the point in my life where having a movement isn't a religious experience.
and can be fun again.

Yep, Erik! Cr@pping can be downright satisfying without the fissure!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2008, 21:54

Well I have been gone for awhile, not really too much to add anymore plus after all I went through last year I kind of want to forget it and not go back to the dr. ever again! But before going to a surgeon I was quite shy, I wouldnt even go in for my yearly exam but after going through about ten rectal exams, nothing really embarrasses me anymore-so I guess it got me over my fear of having anything personal examined...I have given up on taking any type of fiber or pills which im sure wouldnt please my drs, but my poor body cant take anymore abdominal pain. Oh yeah, I have learned to go in and demand better care instead waiting years and years!!!! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Feb 2008, 22:11

Hey Noelle : ), How are you doing ??? How is your skin-tag ? I hope it does not bother you any more and it too is a thing of the past !
Nice to hear from you : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2008, 23:03

Hi Fissulyna!!! I am doing ok..since I stopped all my interventions I am doing better..As far as the skin tag thing-it is here to stay for now, and still somewhat of a nusiance. I just don't want to bother plus I switched clinics and have a new deductible to reach so I dont plan on going to the dr anytime soon, pain is just part of my life always...hope all is well with you!

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Feb 2008, 22:35

Thanks Noelle for the update : ). I am sorry to hear that your skin-tag is is still bothering you : ( that much. I am now about 7 weeks post LIS and I am pain free most of the time. My skin-tags bother me on rare occasions and usually only during BM which is 5 sec. , so it is bearable . They got much smaller and I am also reluctant to insist on their removal now that there are more days without any irritation than with some minor discomfort. I will see also how it goes from now on, hopefully this trend will continue Image !
I hope your skin tag will calm down too with time . I thought it will never happen but somehow it did, so don't loose hope !!!
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Mae » 16 Mar 2015, 20:07

Changing my eating habits of course. Cleared up my acne some. (The only dairy I really have anymore is yogurt)

And it's forced me to learn to not dwell on negatives (because doing that makes me tighten my sphincter and I don't want that!) So it's given me some of my optimism back.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38