What positive things has your fissure wrought?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What positive things has your fissure wrought?

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 14:09

My "quick reply" is just blank space today :shock: !!!
Anyway, beside meeting great people here, I can't find anything positive about having fissure Image ! I did not learn anything new, really.I had healthy lifestyle before this disaster hit me out of the blue Image . and because of other health issues I already knew how health system sucks.
All in all, I wish this nightmare never happened ... Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Feb 2008, 15:00

Hi Fissy! My quick reply is a blank today, too! I don't think this is anything Lecia or I have any control over. Certain functions in how the main "controls" work here are out of our hands!
In fact though, it is not blank, it is fooling us! If you type something in and then drag the mouse across it, holding down the left button, you'll see your text.
I am sure someone somewhere is working on it! Image Image Image
Cool statue!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 15:41

OK LOL, than we will play "magic markers" until "somebody somewhere" does something about it !!! Image
The statue is Quan Yin (do you see YIN Image ) - Chinese Goddess of Mercy. When I took that picture I already had fissure and although was very much in pain thought that I probably "just have a hemmie" or something. I decided to make the picture by Quan Yin when I saw her, trying to ward off "bad energy" and hoping for the havens' mercy. Little did I know that it was just a beginning of my 5 month agony that would end in surgery ward Image !!!!
Thank you Quan Image Image Image !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 15:45

Same as everyone else, I've made new friends :)
I've lost weight and I eat even healthier than before.
I've learnt so much about how the colon works, and my hubby is very understanding when I spend hours in the bathroom sometimes :)

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 16:58

Do you guys use Firefox? I had problems with parts of the board not showing up so I had to switch to Explorer. Don't know if that will help you.

Nice legs, Fiss!

You know, I really had a hard time trying to think of anything good except that I have found kindness in strangers that have become like family!

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 17:11

The only positive thing with this AF is this Forum and all my friends here.
Patty
Wow I can't see what I am typing..... this is a test on my skills. what skills??..LOL

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Feb 2008, 18:43

Sorry Patty; the "reply " button at the top of the page works, still! I think the forum is falling apart!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Feb 2008, 20:26

before it all "explodes" let me thank Lecia for complimenting my legs Image !
PS: I tried Safari - same thing Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 03 Feb 2008, 08:37

It's funny that I was just thinking about this subject the other day - I was trying to think of the "bright side" of things while I watched my friends wolf down a pepperoni pizza. lol. So, I came up with a few things:
1. Weight loss - I've been up and down and back and forth with my weight for what seems like forever. Who knew that it would take an AF to make me lose it without even trying?
2. Self-discipline - I never knew how much self-control I could have if I put my mind to it. It's an amazing thing to learn about myself.
3. Knowledge about my body and digestive system - I had no clue.
4. Knowledge about nutrition - Before this, I usually only paid attention to the calories, fat, and sodium in foods. I never thought about fiber, protein, etc.
5. Finding a forum of support here - I stumbled upon this site one day and now I'm addicted! You guys are amazing. Your support, knowledge, and insight is invaluable and I'm so grateful to you for helping me so much.
That's all that I came up with off the top of my head... Image

Postby val » 03 Feb 2008, 11:40

I also have learnt to take one day at a time and really appreciate a day without pain!

And not to stress out about silly things like dusting and hoovering! I used to fret if it wasn't done for a day, now a week can go by and I think.. oh well!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86