Hemmeroid Banding led to more probs

Anal Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemmeroid Banding led to more probs

Postby IHateButtProblems » 25 Jan 2016, 22:16

After suffering for several years post-childbirth I determined I would get my hemmorhoids banded.
The GS suggested she would do multiple (I thought 3, max) under anesthesia, which I agreed to.
I think I had a botched banding job-- she did 7. I thought I was going to die.
21 days post banding a experienced a horrible bleed that put me in the hospital for 3 days. I literally woke up in the middle of the night with blood- everywhere.... I lost a lot of blood and they cauterized the open area during a sigmoidoscopy.

3 months later I underwent a colonoscopy, in which all was well- just a slight unhealed area likely from the 7 areas that were banded.

For almost one year now I have been dealing with an anal fissure, likely the result of the banding. It has changed it's behaviors over the course of the year. I have seen two CRS- both saying it is just a fissure. It is painful when I have a BM, and usually always bleeds.
Here's what I am concerned with {and a freaked out about}
1) Sometimes the bm is not streaked, when I dab the toilet paper on my anus there's a dot of blood.

2) Sometimes I will get a speck of blood in my underwear hours after a bm

3) Sometimes when I apply the nitro cream, I will get a speck of blood on my rubber glove.

4) My anus will ache for hours, and sometimes intermittently.

My pain is not horrible- but the blood is freaking me out. After the sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, 2 CRS exams-- I should just say it's a fissure and call it a day. But I am a hot mess. Has anyone every experienced the bleeding with the fissures?
IHateButtProblems

Topics: 1

Re: Hemmeroid Banding led to more probs

Postby Canadabum » 25 Jan 2016, 22:33

Ihatebuttproblems....

:wel:

First of all welcome to the forum and so sorry to hear about your experiences. You've been through a lot and I fully understand your name and feel the same way!!!!

I too experience blood with my fissure. In my earlier days it was often...as in most days. Mostly streaks...sometimes in bowl. The last number of months I have had some blood in streaks and on tp and today in bowl.

I get why it is disturbing...no fun to see it and no fun to feel it as well.

In my case I was told I was healed...but have had blood a number of times since.

You are not alone with this experience. Blood in and of itself isn't a huge worry for me -- I try and focus on how I am feeling in terms of pain, discomfort etc. I make sure to take sitz baths to keep clean...and do my best not to get too worried -- this is as much a mental challenge as it is physical.

Wishing you the best.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby IHateButtProblems » 25 Jan 2016, 22:45

It is SUCH a mental challenge. My husband says the anxiety surrounding this has consumed me.
I am only 35 years old!
It is reassuring to hear that the bleeding is normal for the situation.
Did you ever get a dab of blood without even a bowel movement?
IHateButtProblems

Topics: 1

Postby Canadabum » 25 Jan 2016, 22:50

I never get blood without a bm being the catalyst.

I meant to mention...it sounded to me from your first post that you are inserting the nitro up there...if so, no need. You can apply on the outside of the anus as it is really well absorbed.

The mental piece is huge...at times it is more of a challenge than the physical. That is why this forum is so awesome...great place to get info and to vent, talk with others who get the challenge.

All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19