Help! I cant get this right!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Help! I cant get this right!

Postby buttgirl » 16 Mar 2008, 13:46

the diuretics can and do make stools haard because it is meant to dehydrate you. Perhaps you can ask to take something else.
also a sedentary life is not good for digestion. The intestines need body movements to move the foods along. exercise will also help ciculate blood to the bum and keep it from pooling into hemmies.
I use rutin for my hemmies. don't know why it helps me but it does. I found brand makes a difference. the greener the pill the better. 3000-6000 mg a day during a flare and 1000-3000 for maintenance.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 17 Mar 2008, 19:51

Hello, I made an appointment for a second opinion today, it is 9 days away. Also, I have found a connection to the constipation I have been having. It's always at the time of my period. Does anyone else have that? I talked to the pharmecist today about the diruetic I am taking. He said it should not complicate constipation or cause it, because it is a BP med and diruetic. he also assured me that Effexor I take for depression would not cause constipation. The good thing is that last night I finally had a BM after 4 days, and it did not kill me...it was soft, and I didnt even bleed which is unusual. I think Prayers were answered for me last night, I was so happy after I went. Also, I have taken the fish oil the last 2 days, and I hope that is why things may turn around for me.....so far since I have taken it...good things have happened. I really hope the DR i see will search for the reason I have hemms after having surgery.....I am very hopeful tonight!! Image

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2008, 18:45

Hi Everyone!! i went for my second opinion today. he looked at me....he said...I do not have hemms...i have skin tags. he also said I need to go back to the surgeon who performed the surgery and tell him to "fix" the skin tags. he said I still have not healed "very good". Also, he said it looks like alot of scratching and told me to take mineral oil. He told me to double up on stool softeners at the time of my period to help with the constipation I have at PMS time. So, I will go back to "fix" the skin tags soon...has anyone ever had a skin tag prob? Thank Goodness I dont have hemmies.....so weird that the surgeon"s staff told me I do, and even called me 2 days ago to talk about surgery for them....???Anyway, I really think that since I chose a General Surgeon to do this surgery....I am not getting all the knowledge I could if I had went to a rectal surgeon. Where I live there are obviously few gastro doctors who also perform the surgery required. The good thing I have to say is that since my surgery Jan 9th....it was the first weekend where i was not having any BM probs...it was great.

Postby happyass » 26 Mar 2008, 19:40

skin tags are a ****!
hang in there.....
i am not sure if getting rid of your skin tags is beneficial but if they are causing you so much pain then maybe that is the alternative.
good luck.
usually i dealt with my skin tag using VICKS VAPOR RUB - just make sure you don't have a fissure nearby or any wound/opening.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Mar 2008, 20:15

I envy you for finding surgeon who is willing to do that !!! Good luck and keep us posted !
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 29 Mar 2008, 05:01

"Also, I have found a connection to the constipation I have been having. It's always at the time of my period. Does anyone else have that?"

Yes me !!! This is when my setbacks happen Image I have researched that evening primrose can help with this, anything its worth a try!
I have been taking it now for 4 weeks, my last period went with ease, no setback this time !
Sorry to hear what you have been through, i wish you all the best...
Vicks vapour rub for tags Image

Postby Guest » 29 Mar 2008, 06:43

Tabby, how much primrose oil do you take each day? Thanks!
Julie

Postby Guest » 29 Mar 2008, 13:09

Hi Julie,
I use 1300mg in capsule form:)

Postby Guest » 29 Mar 2008, 15:09

Okay, thanks!
Julie