Help! I cant get this right!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help! I cant get this right!

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:29

Well, I went to the DR Wed. I have hemrroids AGAIN, already...only 8 weeks out. Also I am constipated for the last 2 days....The DR suggested surgery again...I said no way. I really suffered to get this far, I have to find a way to deal with this that is not so painful all the time. I am still bleeding with every BM. I am so frustrated. Last week I had diarrea 2 times....i think the hems came out then. I just cant get the poop to "stay" mushy. Its starting to go back to loose or hard...no in between. Is there a painless way to deal with all this? I cant miss any more work than I have. My Dr said to come back in 3 months or sooner if i want to do the surgery AGAIN!!

Re: Help! I cant get this right!

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:42

I am so confused! How can they be back? I was told that the success rate was like 95% chance that they wouldn't come back and if they did it wouldn't be so soon after surgery. Wow, I am sorry. I didn't realize this could happen. I am sure you are very frustrated and upset.

Did he talk about other options for dealing with hemorrhoids like maybe the Procedure for Prolapsed Hemorrhoids or sclerotherapy, rubber band ligation? Gosh, I would seriously be upset if they were back already. I wonder if he didn't do the surgery right? I mean, once they remove the vein it would take awhile for a new one to start to make it's way there.

As far as pain relief take something before you go. 800 mg of Ibuprofen helps me. Maybe they can put you on some low dose valium to help so you don't get spasms. I would maybe look into a second opinion.

To keep your stool consistent try eating the same diet every day and take a stool softener if you need to. I use Mirlax 1/2 dose and 1/2 dose of Milk of Magnesia. Something is just not right here.

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:47

I know....they told me that this is "normal". I had no idea this "could" happen. He did not talk about other options but surgery, so I am going to search, and get other opinions. I mean...I have a skin tag, so I guess he did remove the previous hemrroids???? I do take a low dose of xanax every day, but the spasms have been better, but after these 2 days of const....it will probably be back to some more longer pain periods. I take 2 colase, miralax, and i think i will add mom especially to get thru this const. I am so perplexed and I really wonder what he really did to me.

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:50

I am perplexed too and I don't know what he means by normal either. How can it be normal to have hemorrhoids after they were removed 8 weeks ago? I would request a copy of the surgical notes and go see another doctor.

I am sorry. I know how it feels and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:59

I was very shocked when they told me, but they definately said it is very common for the hemrroids to come back, and "alot" of people have the surgery more than once. I realize my fissure was the worst of my pain, because I have lived with the hems for 20 years. I will seek another opinion next week, and i am scared now that you havent heard of this before. Thanks for the support....I think you know how much it is appreciated at this time.

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 20:07

Well, now you are scaring me! I was told this was be an almost permanent solution to the problem. That is the only reason why I signed up for this torture. That it would be done once and for all. But all of the doctors I interviewed said it was nearly permanent. And it always seems like things get worse on the weekends when you can't get any help.

Take some ibuprofen, a xanax and get in the tub. That is where I am headed. There has to be a better explanation for all of this. Maybe it is just skin tags from where the hemmies were? I have heard of that and people think they are hemmies.

I'm sorry. This just can't be happening!!! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Mar 2008, 20:34

I also never heard of such a thing - not that I am hemmie expert, but from what I heard and read it is the final solution. As far as I know there are 3 major hem. columns in the colon. If you remove whole column - I don't see how they can "be back" - I mean, we do regenerate and can develop new vanes but over LOOOOOOOOOOOONG period of time . AND, those are new vanes. Same as with varicose vanes anywhere else on the body. You take that one out and maybe new one can became enlarged after many years.
Could it be that ne of the other columns is now giving you a trouble ??? That sounds so much more logical ... I really don't know, I am soo sorry that it is happening to you : (((. Just a nightmare..
Lecia, please don't worry : (((, everybody is different Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby small_flower » 15 Mar 2008, 08:10

in the meantime, though i don't have experience with hemmies, I had a fissure for a couple years before I realized the fissure wasn't hemmies. What helps me, even when the BM's are hard to pass, is that I take fish oil, and that seems to coat things up down there and make it easier to pass. Maybe you should try that. You never know, it might help a little.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby buttgirl » 15 Mar 2008, 14:47

That sounds awful. I've never heard of them coming abck so fast. are they in the same place. I've read that nitro can help keep the pressure down and thus the hemmies down. What does your CRS think of this?
i too had a really hard time keeping the poss consistently soft. I found that grain fibers absolutely do not work for me. What i finally found works is glucomannan, a japanese yam fiber. It's super absorbent and never turns hard like grain fibers can. Plus it's not scratchy like grain fibers. Mine comes in supplement for by a company called digestive advantage. I'ts the chronic constipation formula and i take two a day. I've seen it on its own at health food stores. This and mineral oil seemed to work well for a while--about 2 mos. Then i felt well enough to just take the glucomannan and 900mg of magnesium/day (be sure to get the mag without the calcium and potassium).
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 15 Mar 2008, 21:38

I am so freaking out that noone has heard of this happening. When I had my surgery I had 5 external and several interal hemms, plus a fissure. Also, I had a colonoscopy the day before the surgery and they removed a polyp. I have had polyps removed before since 1998. I will let you know how my second opinion goes....and i am definately trying alot of your advice in the meantime. I am wondering if anyone share any of my lifestyle traits or not? I sale insurance, so I am sitting alot....but not all day. I smoke. A week ago I had wine with dinner on 1 occasion, then 3 beers with dinner on night. I do not have a workout routine, so I am pretty sedentary. I realize that I need to exercise, but would any of the above make my hemms come back so soon? I also have 3 children, 2 teens, which 1 of my teens has put me thru extreme stress since November. I go crazy trying to pinpoint one thing. Also, I take depression medicine, and I take 2 high blood pressure meds, one is a strong diuretic. I only weigh 113 lbs, but blood pressure runs in my family. Anyway, see if anything catches your eye on my statement above, and again...Thanks so much.