Lecia or anyone who has had hemorrhoids too

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Lecia or anyone who has had hemorrhoids too

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 07:45

I've been taking the MOM for a couple of nights so far, but no change in my BMs yet or the bleeding. I've just been taking 1 tablespoon to start. Yesterday morning, I went twice. The first time was soft and smaller in diameter and didn't bleed and thought yay! This is working. But, a little later I had to go again and it was still soft, but bigger and it bled. This morning, it was sort of soft and smaller and bled pretty good on the TP. I'm also using the nitro cream and usually that helps within 2-3 days to get rid of the bleeding. This time it's been bleeding everyday for a couple of weeks.
When I go, my BMs are easy and quick to come out and there isn't much to wipe, so I just kind of pat with the TP and it'll have blood on it the first time. Then, I pat it a second time and no blood. I use wet TP and then take a sitz bath afterwards. I'm really wondering if this is hemorrhoids and they are bleeding just in the inside of the hole maybe.
This bleeding is different because it seems to be coming from just inside the hole compared to when all this first started up last October. Then, it was definitely outside tears on the skin that were bleeding. Just wondering about anyone's experience with bleeding hemorrhoids.
I can't wait until my appt. Monday to get some answers.
Julie

Re: Lecia or anyone who has had hemorrhoids too

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 11:01

Well, I just got a call from my primary doctor's nurse. I'm anemic again. I've been on iron tablets for a few years until December when the surgeon said I shouldn't take them if I didn't really need them because they don't help the bowel problems. Well, the primary said I need to take an iron pill. Bummer! Oh well, at least I'll be able to tell the surgeon on Monday that I have to take it. I knew I'd been extra tired lately, but I thought it was from being anxious about my butt problems. Hopefully, this doesn't make things worse. I'm really hoping it helps to give me back some energy.
Julie

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 11:36

Julie-
Just a thought for you. Back in August I went for a physical and was severely anemic. They wanted me to take iron pills, but I was afraid because they cause constipation. Obviously I didn't want that with a fissure, so I ended up having an iron infusion. Maybe you want to mention that to your doctor, it might be an option for you.

Postby juney » 28 Mar 2008, 16:53

i was also "severely anemic" all of last year. i eventually had to take iron pills even though i knew it might make things worse w/ the fissure. i never had any constipation problems, as long as i was consistent w/ my fluids and supplements. make sure you take plenty of stool softeners, and the MOM will help a lot - there's no way to get constipated as long as you're using that everyday.

iron pills are probably the scariest thing to a fissure sufferer, but it'll be ok!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 28 Mar 2008, 17:05

Could be either. It's really hard to say. hemmie's usually come with some sort of bulging. If they are internal, there will be little or not pain with them unless they prolaspe. Bleeding fissures are often painful, but not always. So, it's really hard to say. Just be sure to take your fiber, iron, mag and water until Mon and hopefully the dr will be able to tell you.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 18:28

I was thinking the same thing about the MOM and Metamucil counteracting the iron. If nothing else, maybe the surgeon won't give me too much trouble about taking the MOM now that I need to take iron. I took it for probably 5 years before going off of it in December and never had a real problem with constipation. Actually the opposite with IBS and having diarrhea. So, hopefully it won't be a problem.
I do have some bulging at the 6 o'clock position, some little lumpy things. They get tender for a bit after a BM and then the tenderness goes away. I asked the surgeon when I went in January what they were and she said she didn't see anything. I got home and thought "what, did they disappear?" and looked with a mirror. They were still there and still are. So, I plan on physically pointing them out to her this time. I know they weren't there before this all started last year, so it's definitely something new.
The bumps are in the same place I had one of the cuts, so I wondered if it was skin tags or what. I hope she has some answers. Otherwise, I may be looking for another doctor to talk to.

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 09:24

Hi Julie,
I don't know if I am too late in answering this. I am recuping from a last minute surgery. I would not be surprised if you have some hemorrhoids. Most people do but it only becomes problematic if you are bleeding so much that you are anemic or that they are painful/uncomfortable. They can change in appearance depending on what you are doing. They look worse usually after you have a BM, or have been standing a long time, lifting heavy things, etc. I know I have had to take pictures of the bulgings I had because once I got to the doctors they were gone. So I showed her what was happening with photos.

It could be skin tags as those can fill up and settle time over the course of a day. I hope you have some answers by now. I see you are going for a colonoscopy. That is probably a good idea just to get a clear picture of what is going on.

Good luck with everything! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Apr 2008, 09:38

Lecia, I hope you are feeling better and I have been praying for you.
You are truly an amazing lady and you have really inspired me with your courage and fortitude in the face of all your setbacks. I just know that this time is the charm! Image
Do take care of yourself!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 09:46

Thanks, Lecia. I'm so sorry to hear that you had to have more surgery. You are truly an inspiration to all of us! I hope you feel better quickly. Thanks for answering my question even though you've been going through so many troubles.
Not looking forward to the prep part of the colonoscopy, but I can handle anything after hearing about all the problems you've been having and seeing how kind and helpful you are through all of it. You are a very special person!
Julie

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 10:38

Thanks Kim and Julie-I appreciate the warm wishes.

I think the prep part isn't as bad as people imagine. I know on here people who have had colonoscopies later come back and say it wasnt' as bad as they thought but I hear you when you say you are anxious. I would be too and worried that I would be reinjuring my butt, but you will be fine! And just think you get to have some peaceful dreamy sleep from the sedative they give you and when you wake up it will be all over.

I go back to the doctor's on Thursday to see how the fistula is healing. My husband has to pack it twice a day so it will close from the bottom up.

Take care!