First CRS visit this week

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: First CRS visit this week

Postby missy moo » 24 Jun 2017, 20:12

P and h I've been using the diltiazem cream for 11 days it was slowly getting better then bam out of no where it is back after a soft bm can the cream still work?
should i keep using it?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jun 2017, 22:17

I wouldn't give up on the cream so soon. It may be just a small setback and you'll be better in the coming days. Measure your progress in weeks not days. As long as you're getting progressively better. Also try using the cream 20-30 minutes before a BM to ensure the muscle is relaxed when you go.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 25 Jun 2017, 15:19

Ok thanks for the positive words it seems more like a skin tag problem as it is to bad while going the skin tag is a problem of its own an hurts real bad I've started to get real itchy after a bm could I need to change to nifedipine? Or maybe thrush I've been on antibiotics there is so red in that area but no other signs of thrush I'm in itchy inside the rim where I put the cream no where else?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 25 Jun 2017, 15:22

Some redness in the area but no other signs of thrush I'm only itchy on the inner rim where I put the cream?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby sunshine_atl » 27 Nov 2017, 10:57

Hi patience_healing,
Wanted to have some inputs from you. My anal fissure has completely healed after taking medications/applying cream/taking hot sitz baths regularly. I do not feel the fissure anymore, however after having a BM each day I do have an anal itching sensation (which is not very severe though). after applying the Anovate cream (composition: Beclometasone Topical (0.025% w/w), Lidocaine Topical (2.50% w/w), Phenylephrine (0.10% w/w)), the itching stops and then whole day I am normal with no pain/itching. Is this itching going to remain forever or it's because of the left over scar tissue from the fissure ? even though I have a harder BM sometimes, there is no fissure-like pain. So just wondering if there's a way to completely cure this post BM itching ? appreciate your inputs on the same. thanks much..
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 29 Nov 2017, 14:06

Hi there sunshine_atl, it's good to hear from you and that you are doing well for the most part. I'm not sure how you can fix the itching issue. I have that problem sometimes too, on the left lateral side where a small fissure healed up. Have you gotten confirmation from your doctor that the fissure is fully healed?
patience_and_healing

Postby sunshine_atl » 29 Nov 2017, 14:39

Hi patience_healing,
Thanks for responding back. I haven't been to the CRS since past June, the reason being I do not have a fissure like tear/pain when having a BM. I do not feel the strain or a glass cut type of sensation which was prominent during that time and I was literally scared to go for a bowel. I have been taking the laxative each night to keep my stools soft and also taking warm water sitz baths, it's not always but only on some days that I feel this itching sensation after a bowel. On most other days, it is normal. Will the hydrocortizone cream work for this itching ? Only reason I am not using this is because I read that it may harden the skin. Wasn't sure if the niphedipine gel would work for this itchiness or I should continue with the cream I mentioned in my previous post, which does give me relief. Thanks as always for your responses..
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 03 Dec 2017, 14:17

Hydrocortisone will cause thinning of the skin which is bad news for anyone with a fissure. If you find relief with the current cream then no harm in continuing with it. However it's best to go see the doctor to make sure you are not masking any problem with the cream.
patience_and_healing

Postby sunshine_atl » 08 Dec 2017, 12:57

Thanks patience_healing as always. I went to my primary physician yesterday and had the area checked. There are no signs of the fissure, the only problem he mentioned is with the constipation due to which hard bowel movement produced thereby resulting in pain while passing stool (tear-like sensation). He mentioned to apply preparation-h suppository to heal the swelling caused and also prescribed the Linzess tablet (72mcg dose) to be taken 30 minutes prior to breakfast, which would result in softer bowel. It did work for me today. In addition, he said I could either apply the hydrocortizone (which I guess is an ingredient within the prep-h suppository) for 12 days or go with the lido/niphedipine gel. but I wanted to check with you - do I need to take this Linzess tablet forever or is there some point I can stop ? thanks for your assistance and inputs.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Dec 2017, 23:20

I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you how long to stay on the Linzess, but as far as I know it is usually prescribed for those with IBS constipation. A safer bet for the long term would be Miralax, unless it's contraindicated by kidney issues or something.
patience_and_healing