multiple surgeries

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

multiple surgeries

Postby juney » 23 Apr 2008, 16:55

hey all -
i've been browsing another internet fissure forum today and found SO MANY postings of people who were not 100% healed after LIS or who had recurrences years later. i've even found a surprising amount of people who've had more than 1 surgery, as i have. this has been reassuring for me, in that i'm not totally abnormal and LIS isn't a "miracle cure", but also really discouraging knowing that it will most likely be a lifelong problem.
i just wanted to let everyone know, since it seems like a lot of us LIS'ers have been having recurring problems the past few weeks. it's so frustrating!! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: multiple surgeries

Postby happyass » 23 Apr 2008, 18:24

well not that i think macrobiotics is the answer to 100% heal your fissure but it is worth a shot.
a real effort for at least a month to see what can happen.
i know mypoopyhurtsme tried it but it did not resolve his anal fissure.
as my CRS said, it takes about 2 years to heal from a fissure after LIS.
i am sorry that you found that type of conclusion and pattern juney. i don't want it to impact you in a negative way.
i still have hope for you and that one day you will have no ass problems.
i hope that it won't be a lifelong problem but one that you will finally be rid of.
keep up the hope!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Apr 2008, 20:16

Yeah - I don't want to give up yet either LOL! Maybe stem cell therapy will available in couple of years for us too - never ever loose hope Image People have spontaneous healing from cancer and all other horrible diseases- why not fissure Image ?
I know how frustrating it is - it throw me "off the horse" too, but we just have to have positive outlook - many people heal - you have to hold into prospective that ONLY people who still have problems are on this and other forums !!! Do you see Caroline anywhere here - Nooooo Image - she healed and ran from this place as fast as she could LOL - we all would Image !!!
Oh well, maybe not all LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 23 Apr 2008, 22:17

AMEN Fiss! I couldn't have said it better! I was thinking the exact same thing!
People heal all the time - from fissures to cancers. Look at Magic Johnson - they can't even trace HIV in his blood anymore! The body does wierd things. I have known people to suffer illnesses for years - even after the doctors tried everything. One day they woke up and they were healed.
About 99% of people on the boards are current fissure suffers. Look at this board - it has well over a hundred members and only a handful log on every week. That is because the others are healed and are not lurking around on fissure forums. I was looking on the anal fissure group on yahoo, and I have to say this board is the best! We have got ourselves a family here! I have actually thought about making a group on myspace for hemmie/fissure suffers. It would be a private group of course. Anyone let me know if you are interested.
Juney - you are not alone. Lots of people have had 2 surgeries. I found so many, like you, while I surfed the net today. I pray you have found your healing with the silver nitrate. How are you feeling today? Any updates?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 05:14

You findings are very intresting gives one something to think about....
Hope you are feeling Ok today....
Dont lose hope Juney !
Oh did i say how much i love this forum ...IT IS THE BEST !!! Image
Last edited by Guest on 24 Apr 2008, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 07:45

That is reassuring to know that you are not alone. I always feel like the outlier that nothing ever goes according to what the statistics say so I understand.

I think the other group has quite a few more members so you are going to get a better sampling than you are here. But I think this forum is a very safe and supportive place to be. But I haven't really checked out the other support group much.

And what Fiss and Tabby were saying is so true-you only have for the most part the people who are having problems or like to talk about Star Wars Image .

Postby juney » 24 Apr 2008, 09:50

you guys are totally right...of course the ones logging on to talk about fissures everyday are the ones still suffering(with the exception of Kim and Gareth...who always have wise advice!)

it's just frustrating how slow healing happens. i feel like i'm in the same place i was last year, and it's so depressing. i cry all the time now and sometimes just want to give up. i try to stay positive but it's so hard after so many setbacks and such a long time. what do you all do to help stay positive? my bf keeps telling me to "be patient" but i've been patient for almost 2 years now!! my 20s are passing me by and all i can think about is my butt! Image

i'm going in for another application of silver nitrate in 2 weeks. i'm dreading it and still sore from the last time. it's only been 1 1/2 so i guess i'm jumping the gun expecting it to just miraculously disappear.

thanks for letting me vent. there have been so many days this past year that you all have brought me comfort and helped me get thru another day! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 24 Apr 2008, 10:12

Juney -
Please don't take this the wrong way - but there was a few months back that I was so depressed and mad about my fissure that I got on a depression/anxiety medication - zoloft. To make a long story short, I stopped taking it because the side effects were terrible for me. Maybe something like this can help you deal with your healing process better.
I also feel like time is passing me by. I have had my butt problems since my son was born and I also feel like it is taking my mind away from this precious time I have with him. I am also a full time nursing student and I find myseld thinking about my butt more than my studies.
I am glad I have you all too! Since I started coming to the board, my hubby has to hear about my bum less and less. THANK YOU!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 11:31

Please try to stay postive Juney and Jen...We all need too !
I am currently nursing a 93 year old who has a bowel prolapse, she is in pain everyday waiting for her op and while she is always in pain, she always tells me "it could be worse" her outlook is always so bright and i asked her 'how do you stay so postive' her reply is - State of mind has quite an effect on ones wellbeing, you must dismiss these negative thoughts and think of the nicer things in life.....
This lady is a true inspiration, when i feel down i think of her words of wisdom and change my thoughts....

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 12:01

Jen where did you get that avatar?