multiple surgeries

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: multiple surgeries

Postby juney » 24 Apr 2008, 12:12

Jen - i'm thinking more about medication lately. i've always had drastic mood swings, but this has definitely exacerbated things the past 2 years. now that i find myself thinking more seriously and more often about ending it all, i know it's time to talk to someone about improving my mental state. so no offensive taken, and thank you for the suggestion and concern. it must be horrible to have a new baby and be dealing with something like this! on my really bad days i can't even be affectionate w/ my cats let alone a child! i'm sorry you're going thru this too :(

tabby - thanks for the inspirational story. i can't imagine being 93 and going in for surgery!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 24 Apr 2008, 12:26

Juney -
Please get some help! You worry me when you say things like that! There is nothing wrong with getting on medication. It may help you on your recovery process. Maybe you can talk to a therapist? Oh Juney - there is help out there! You will be better on day! Don't give up! This may be far fetched, but my husband and I always watch a video called The Secret (it is also a book). Here is a link to the website...
http://www.thesecret.tv/
You can buy it at any bookstore or Amazon.com. We got the video because I have no time to read other than nursing textbooks. It will give you a positive outlook! Please Juney - We all care about you, and you can e mail me anytime you want to talk! We all need to stay positive!
Fissureboy - I got the avatar from photobucket - It is a pic of Marie Antoinette (Kristen Dunst) - I love watching movies & learning about history from that era! Although, I am glad to live in 2008 because I have no idea how I would handle a fissure in the 18 th century!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 12:32

Yes PLEASE stay positive!!!!! I really dont know you all that well but PLEASE this is a great forum to go vent and talk.
Great Photo-Inspirational

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Apr 2008, 14:05

Juney babe, it is hard and it is emotionally draining - any chronic pain can do that to us : (. I really can relate , believe me, this is THIRD painful condition that heave to live with. It may sound as oxymoron but the fact that I got control of the first 2 ones when nobody gave me any hope and just told me to learn to live with it gives me hope that I can get out of this one too ! What helped me always was to read inspirational books with true stories about healing and in the moments of despair watching funny movies. It also helps to go out - if nothing for long walks around neighborhood or some nice park. If I felt like crying during those walks I would - I don't give a dam what people think and dark glasses help ; ). I would feel so much better after letting it all out.
And, of course, there are meds that can help - if one does not, you can try other one. I never tried antidepressants but was seriously considering taking Cymbalta at one point after my GP suggested it with those words : " Chronic pain leaves scars in the brain, it messes up brain chemistry since pain signals are present always - please conceder that alternative". I decided to have LIS instead and did not have to take anything, but there is no shame in finding help or taking medicine!
Meditations and prayers also can do wonders for our mind - you don't even have to be religious - use transcendental meditations for example. It is scientifically proven that repetition of any words calms mind and promotes healing . My favorite book is "Spontaneous Healing" by Andrew Wail - it gives examples of people healing by themselves - very inspirational. Yoga is fantastic too, or try massages - they relax so much! I also like to listen to relaxing music and daydream with it - it takes your mind away for period of time and helps it regenerate. Just don't EVER give up or loose hope - all is possible !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 24 Apr 2008, 14:10

thanks guys!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Apr 2008, 14:10

:truebud:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 26 Apr 2008, 19:26

Could you please explain what Lis is?
Thanks,
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Apr 2008, 19:41

It is short for Lateral internal sphincterotomy, the most common method of surgically "curing" chronic anal fissure -- whereby a small slice is made into the sphincter in order to force it to relax.
I had it in late 2007 as have many current boardies here. It worked well for me and many others (who tend to vanish as they heal!), and not-so well if at all for a few here.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2008, 03:56

Hi Kim,
Whilst on the subject...
Could you tell me what the difference is between open and closed LIS Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 05:09

No, Tabby, you got me there! Sorry!
Deleted User 5