multiple surgeries

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: multiple surgeries

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2008, 09:15

No worries !

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2008, 10:32

Does it have to do with whether or not they put stitches in? That would be my guess.

Postby cherylk » 27 Apr 2008, 17:42

I really like reading these posts after only joining a few days ago. Could someone please explain how to start a new post (not a reply). I did it once, but don't remember how I did it. Best wishes to all and I really am enjoying the support/comraderie of this group.
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 19:10

Cheryl just click on one of the "boards" like "General Anal Fissure Discussion" or "Diet Tips and Supplements," and then click on "NEW" at the top left below the flower. Be sure to include a topis header!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 27 Apr 2008, 22:02

Here is a question for anyone to think about or answer -
I have been thinking alot about this post lately and the folks (Juney and many others in the world) who have had 2 LIS surgeries. I know LIS is the most effective treatment and the "golden standard" in anal fissure treatment. But, can Juney go back and try botox or even the creams again? I mean they might have not worked the first time around, but maybe the second time will be different? Botox is considered a step up from the creams (where I am being treated they use creams - then botox - then LIS), but even John didn't like the botox as much as the nitro.
Juney - have you thought about trying creams again or botox? It's just a thought, it could'nt hurt anything! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 28 Apr 2008, 00:53

I had only one LIS, but I'm back on the diltiazem now and it does help with the pain.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2008, 04:10

How are you now Val ?
I hope that setback is a distant memory !

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2008, 08:12

I think it would be perfectly fine to go back to other treatments after surgery. I don't think once you have the surgery that that would preclude you from ever trying anything else.

I didn't have the surgery but I used diltiazem long after the doctor said I was healed for extra insurance.

Postby juney » 28 Apr 2008, 09:31

Jen - b/c mine is no longer a fissure, but more of an unhealed anal wound (which pretty much feels the same to me!), botox and/or creams would not help at this point. My issue is not with a spasming sphincter, but rather an open wound that will not heal. My CRS had wanted to try botox until I let her do the anoscope exam and she saw that the fissure part had healed and i'm left with some kind of "hole" wound, perhaps from the skin tag removal during my 1st surgery.

If it was still a fissure, or if i was having spasms at all, I would go for botox for sure! That was going to be my next course of action until this most recent exam.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 28 Apr 2008, 12:59

thanks Tabby, its still not a distant memory yet, unfortunately! I've got an appointment tomorrow though with the CRS, so maybe I'll get some answers!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86