any help for muscle relaxation relief

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

any help for muscle relaxation relief

Postby Jo » 25 Apr 2008, 10:00

Hi gals and guys, Image
I am looking for some advice for relaxation of the pelvic area. It seems like there is a tightening pinching aching feeling in my pelvis not just the rectum. This increases with bm's for about 4-5 hours, more burning and throbbing. It just never seems to go away. It is gonna drive me crazy cuz nothing seems to help and it is going on for a long time.
I guess taking Darvocet helps some, but I don't feel like I should take it every day, even though I do! Maybe 1/2 every 4 hours. It has been 11 weeks since my Hemmroidectomy. Since I don't have a lot of the darvocet, I kind of ration them.
I do have Flexeril, does anyone take this? I take 10 mg at bedtime for neck pain but don't usually use it during the day.
Advil and aspirn tend to hurt my stomach, Tylenol is not helpful at all.
:bathtub: Baths help, but only while I'm in there. Then I get out and it is still there. Image the pain!
I know I need to give the Nif ointment time to work. I did use it for 6 weeks externally. Guess I was supposed to also put internal!! :oops: Now internally for about 4 days. How long till something works?
Doc wants me to wait 6 weeks for Botox. Image
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: any help for muscle relaxation relief

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Apr 2008, 10:13

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "in your pelvis,' as you may be having sphincter spasms, which would not feel right at the rectum but "up your butt" somewhat.
I put the nefedipine up as far as I could, and while others here disagree with me on that, I still think it's best...Igot the most relief that way.
I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer you about the flexoril.
Deleted User 5

Postby Jo » 25 Apr 2008, 10:29

Thanks Kim.
Generally I have a tight uncomfortable feeling, like everything is tense and tight. About a month ago I thought it was like a yeast infection, even went to my gyno. and was treated twice. They even did culture and everything looked fine.
It is very hard to describe but everything in the lower "private areas" are not feeling right. Very tense. Wondering if this is due to the fissure. I do feel like something is up my butt...
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jo » 25 Apr 2008, 10:32

Kim,
How long did it take for the nefedipine work for you? Sorry you probably told me yesterday. I asked Dr. how far to put in and she said only up to first knuckle. Does that sound right? It seems hard to know if you get much in.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Apr 2008, 10:32

Well, if it feels like it's in your privates, and not up your anal canal, I don't think its the sphincter, but when the sphincter spasms, it does indeed feel like a clenching that comes and goes over a period of several hours (depending on the individual).
Maybe one of the female boardies could address that!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 25 Apr 2008, 10:35

haha
i like your avatar, Kim.
Jo, I have/had both pain. after LIS the one at the fissure site is lessening, but after two years of flexed sphincter muscles and an absces which slightly damaged the area, I have pain emanating from several points in my pelvic region--at the tip of the tail bone, about 3 inches up and to the left of the tailbone, on the side at my hip bone, and the top middle of my left buttock.
My acupuntcurist said that these were all muscles and the apin is not unusual for someone who has had the type of problems I had. then he poke around the back of my head and muchof the pain dissipated under the pressure WEIRD!! (came back after he let up, of course).
Try some muscle stuff like Ben Gay for the pelvis region. I like Topricin--it really does help. And i agree with Kim, it's best to get the stuff up there. I use a finger cot so that I dont get messy. And i also apply neosporin at the same time.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jo » 25 Apr 2008, 10:36

thanks again kim,
I need to look at the little guy or gal symbols!
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jo » 25 Apr 2008, 10:42

Thanks Buttgirl, Image
Good advice, maybe I need an acupuntcurist, may be hard to find a good one in this little town.
Sorry you still have pain.
Never heard of the Topricin, is that just over the counter like ben gay?
This all starting happening after the surgery. Yuk!!! Major mistake.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Apr 2008, 10:43

Yes, I am not a "circle cross" but a "circle arrow!"
It should take the nefedine 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before you start to really get relief with it, so be patient if it hasn't been that long!
First knuckle is better than just daubing it on your rectum! Yes, Jo, I know how tight you probably are. I actually used a special-shaped syringe to shoot it up there. It came with "procoto-foam," which is what my GP ordered before we found out my pain was actually from a fissure, not hemorrhoids.
Christie, we need to get you an avatar. If you Google "funny avatars" you will find slews of them!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 25 Apr 2008, 10:46

Topricin is over the counter, but it's a little hard to find. It has belladonna as the active ingredient and it is very good at numbing the area and also works as an antiinfalmmatory.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67