Chronic anal fissure...new to forum

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Chronic anal fissure...new to forum

Postby Ash1988 » 20 Oct 2017, 01:50

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum! I have an anal fissure which I assume has been there for around 4 months. I had a forceps assisted birth and it seems to have come from there!

Was treated as piles at the beginning. I am currently trying everything. Have modified my diet, trying to walk lots, hot baths and I am still bleeding and in pain.

I got GTN cream 2 weeks ago and have been using it day and night, but still bleeding and in pain. I guess I’m looking for some success stories? I think the pain is less and the bleeding comes and goes, but both are very much still there!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice? How long people use GTN cream for before they see a big difference? Should I continue or is it just not going to heal?

Thanks everyone!
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Chronic anal fissure...new to forum

Postby familyguy » 21 Oct 2017, 09:30

Hi, I used GTN for 3 weeks with no success & horrible headache. I switched to dilitazem - just over 2 weeks now & is definitely helping. The GTN might have worked if I had stuck with It, but couldn't stand the headaches. What also seemed to have helped was using psyllium husk once a day & laxido (movicol) twice a day to keep things very soft. Heat pads as often as I could to promote healing & relax the muscles. It has taken a while to get this far - it started at the end of August.

Good luck. I hope this helps.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Chronic anal fissure...new to forum

Postby affisurelydone » 24 Oct 2017, 02:09

I have been treating my fissure since May 2017. Healed up by end of August, but just had a horrible relapse. Hello pounding headaches!! (Ointment)
affisurelydone