Back on track

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Back on track

Postby small_flower » 28 Jun 2008, 14:45

Hi Guys,
Well I am getting back on track and have been eating and drinking well for the past two days. I plan on continuing. I do, however, have to get it across to my boyfriend that the food I buy especially for myself is NOT for his eating! He doesn't seem to get that, and its a bit annoying.
Anyways...
I have also started to take 100 mg of magnesium before going to sleep, and it has been helping me thus far. Image
I am kind of itchy, but I know that this is part of the healing process.
Sorry for freaking out over my "bump in the road" the other day. I just keep thinking that someday i'll have to get another surgery and then I'll lose control of my bowels and life will just get 100 times worse. I know thats WAYYY out there... but... it seems like the only way that I can get myself to eat and drink well is to scare myself into it, since this diet is a mega pain in the You know what. Image
Anyways, i'll try to be on here more to help others out.
In the meantime... keep on truckin.
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Back on track

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2008, 18:39

Kate,
That is great I just replied to your last post. Keep taking the Magnesium and start eating more fruit too. It is alright to freak out. Thats why we are here. Ask Kim and Lecia I was freaking out all last summer. It's good to have someone to talk to. We have all had the bumps in the road. This forum helps us to get over them.
Patty

Postby Jen » 29 Jun 2008, 09:09

Kate -
I have the opposite problem - my hubby never wants to eat my healthy food. I find that I can eat pizza, chips, and other junk food but I drink it with alot of water and I usually take my fiber fill at the same time. Also, if I feel I ate too much junk food, thats when I pop a stool softener or MOM. I usually only take MOM or stool softeners once every few weeks. I may not even need it, but I am not going to be passive and find out! I'll take my chances.
Where do you buy your magnesium? I have been looking for 100mg magnesium and can't find it anywhere. I don't want anything stronger than that to start out with.
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby small_flower » 29 Jun 2008, 16:48

I actually take my moms but she gets it from the vitamin store. Magnesium glycaleate? Or something like that...vitamin store. Fairly cheap too.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby happyass » 29 Jun 2008, 17:25

great news kate!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74