Please help with anoheal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Please help with anoheal

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2008, 09:50

dear all
I am desperatily trying to buy anoheal in Italy, but it seems impossibile.
I will be in London on the 1st and 2nd of October. Can some of you suggest me a place where I can buy it.
Thank you so much

Re: Please help with anoheal

Postby val » 28 Sep 2008, 12:51

you cant buy it, its prescription only. If you go to your GP, or an emergency GP when you get to London, I'm sure they'll be able to prescribe it to you if you ask them to. There is only the choice of that or nitro in UK, so they will probably offer you nitro first as it is the cheapest option for NHS. But if you express concern at the headaches that nitro gives, they would probably suggest Anoheal (diltiazem). Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby pinky » 28 Sep 2008, 12:57

As val said,its prescription only.you have to order it at the pharmacy and i doubt if you can get it instantly even with prescription.i had to wait for almost a week after giving the prescription.im not sure if its the same everywhere.you can try and request it urgently.good luck
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby val » 28 Sep 2008, 13:03

how are you Pinky? Hope you're feeling a bit better? Thats good you only waiting a week for the diltiazem, i put in a presciption about 3 months ago, and i'm still waiting! Image
val
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 28 Sep 2008, 13:12

oh no val,thats crazy!what is wrong with nhs?whats the point in waiting for so long with a fissure?Cant you ask your GP to get it soon for you?keep pestering them until they give you.are you having problems with fissure again after LIS?now im even more scared and ill probably be in fear for the rest of my life.
i was feeling a bit better in the morning but now i feel low.
hope you can get the cream soon
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby val » 28 Sep 2008, 13:44

I actually got sensitive to the diltiazem anyway, and I use nitro at night. The anoheal was on with all my other prescription stuff, so it didnt matter that i am still waiting! Just as well, really !!
Please dont worry about the future, just concentrate on feeling better now. There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be among the 95% of people who heal from LIS, and have no more problems.
val
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Sep 2008, 16:19

Actually - it should be 100 % if surgery is done well : (. I read about it in one of med. papers . Any time they had a patient who had LiS and did not heal and came to them they discovered that LIS was not done correctly - it was either insufficient , or wrong place was cut or even WRONG MUSCLE !!!!!
So, one should search for good CRS until the problem is solved, no matter how long it takes ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2008, 17:03

Just as some side information, I lived in the area of London that is Fulham, and my local pharmacy took 48 hours to order Diltiazem in for me which was made bespoke to my prescription.
There is an independent pharmacy on Fulham Broadway that will get you diltiazen in 48 hours from the time you give them your NHS prescription.
I much prefered anoheal to GTN on account of awful headaches with GTN and none with Anoheal.
Good luck!
-Brendan

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2008, 18:22

Val-remember that package you sent me awhile ago? Do you need me to send it back to you?
Good luck, Explorer!

Postby happyass » 28 Sep 2008, 21:23

it's great to have val and pinky here to help out with the UK friends....yeeee....i would have no idea what anoheal is!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74