Ouch... (& Naturopathic/Homeopathic Medicines?)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Ouch... (& Naturopathic/Homeopathic Medicines?)

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2008, 06:34

Dear Sunshine
I am sorry to hear you are approaching the two year mark with fissure, I can totally understand where you are coming from as I have been suffering this long too Image
I am glad this fissure nuisance hasn’t brought your down,….. I like your attitude Sunshine !
I used diltiazem for a very long time, it gave me a horrid itch too, i just couldnt use it anymore Image so now I am trying botox , less invasive blah blah , I don’t know if it has healed me yet but it has helped reduce the pain and bleeding …
Maybe botox could be an option for you before you go on your vacation , falling that I feel surgery is most probley our only option , alternative treatments in my opinion do not come close when dealing with a chronic fissure !
I take miralax everyday maybe that would help for just now and using the cream atleast 3 times a day !
I hope things get better for you soon Image
Goodluck with you appointment today !

Postby cherylk » 20 Oct 2008, 06:38

I've had acupuncture on my elbows and hands. Not sure if it would help with a fissure, however!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2008, 09:29

Hi Sunshine,
I think a holistic doctor could do a very thorough systems review to find out what is making you susceptible to fissures and perhaps could give you some supplements that might help improve the ingretity of the rectal wall but it won't be a quick fix. Nor cheap. At least here, it isnt' covered and I have to pay $200 each time I see my doctor. It would be cheaper for you to get botox so don't let that stand in your way.
I would suggest making the appt for the surgery however just so you know that it is there should you need it. I hope your trip goes well. Let me know if you need any miralax.
Take care,
Lecia

Postby juney » 20 Oct 2008, 18:24

sunshine - sorry you're still suffering! sometimes you're gone so long i just assume you've healed and moved on. i wish that were the case!
it's amazing to me that you're still so upbeat and not depressed. you have such a good outlook and attitude! i don't have much more to offer besides what everyone else has suggested, but i would encourage you to at least book yourself for the surgery. that way, when the time comes you can cancel or go thru with it. for some people, surgery is a miracle healer... who knows, you could be one like that and finally bring an end to all your butt troubles!
good luck with your travels. try as hard as you can to stay on a fissure-friendly diet and i hope you don't have any significant problems!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby SunshineHope » 20 Oct 2008, 23:57

Hello all,
Just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who replied. You guys are right. I imagine it'd be more difficult for a holistic doctor to heal an external wound as compared to an internal illness that could be cured by some type of syrup or pill! I'm going to call the holistic doc I know and just ask him about fissures to see whether he's dealt with any problems like this before. I will update you guys on what I decide and in the meanwhile, I'm getting back on the diltiazem and working on balancing my meals & drinking enough water.
Juney, you're right, I've fallen in and out of the forum. That's usually because I've had long periods of amazing, pain-free BMs with no blood for days and days (and days). It's just when I eat something strange or when something is thrown off (e.g. the monthly cycle :) ) , that I begin having problems again, and then it goes back to the good days. I'm just sick of going back and forth so I'm going to finalize a more steady solution.
Again thanks, all, and I'll update you to let you know what helps.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Oct 2008, 02:03

Good luck Sunshine Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby SunshineHope » 21 Oct 2008, 23:02

Thank you Image !~ :D
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2008, 16:50

Sunshinehope!
You have been supportive to me in the past so let me see if I can help. I have had 3 shots of Botox. I have had pain on and off. I notice it more during stress or during my period. I would try anything natural before LIS surgery. Don't get discouraged. I have had pain on and off all week. I am changing jobs and once I get settled into a routine I know my butt will settle down. I know my butt very well. I can attribute the change in seasons and types of food I am eating for my flare-up, but not to worry my body will adjust. I wish the wholistic approach was not so expensive, but there are some natural supplements and organic foods that can help. The very best thing you can do is stay calm and relax with a nice warm bath. I still sit in my baths once in awhile. Escpecially now that the snow is coming brrrrrrrrrrr. My eyes are wide open now because of this forum. All the knowledge, understanding and compassion has helped me a great deal. Don't be afraid of Botox it got me thru the worst and got rid of that aweful pain. Good luck!!
Patty
:hcat:

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2008, 18:35

Thanks for your reponse, Patty, good to hear from you!

Postby Corsi » 23 Oct 2008, 02:49

burnbutgrl wrote:Sunshinehope!
You have been supportive to me in the past so let me see if I can help. I have had 3 shots of Botox. I have had pain on and off. I notice it more during stress or during my period. I would try anything natural before LIS surgery. Don't get discouraged. I have had pain on and off all week. I am changing jobs and once I get settled into a routine I know my butt will settle down. I know my butt very well. I can attribute the change in seasons and types of food I am eating for my flare-up, but not to worry my body will adjust. I wish the wholistic approach was not so expensive, but there are some natural supplements and organic foods that can help. The very best thing you can do is stay calm and relax with a nice warm bath. I still sit in my baths once in awhile. Escpecially now that the snow is coming brrrrrrrrrrr. My eyes are wide open now because of this forum. All the knowledge, understanding and compassion has helped me a great deal. Don't be afraid of Botox it got me thru the worst and got rid of that aweful pain. Good luck!!
Patty
:hcat:

Have you experienced retearing now Patty??
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18