Ouch... (& Naturopathic/Homeopathic Medicines?)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Ouch... (& Naturopathic/Homeopathic Medicines?)

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2008, 06:10

Nice to hear from you Patty !
I have been waiting for you to pop in :D Do you think you could please answer a few of my questions ?
How long do you think each Botox shot lasted for you?
Did you have the same dose of Botox each time, do you know the dose?
Did you have the Botox under general/local anaesthetic?
Most importantly are you healed?
You say this week has been painful on and off, is this fissure pain or more of an ache ? Can you feel the fissure site still ?
Lots of questions ticking through my mind….
I had my first Botox shot on the 8th of September, I had two shots at 2.5units , the first few weeks were tricky but things seem to be looking up now, I have not experienced any blood - Image !}~$&(@~}+_or the horrid pain - Image Ј^{@~}| I had, it is more of a distant ache now and more so dealing with bulky formed BMS which is a new thing for me since the botox…
Image Queen of Buttox !

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2008, 14:58

Tabby and Corsica:
I don't think I have had retearing. I do think that the area is a new scar and it is still vulnerable to bulky hard bms. We are going into the fall season and my eating habits are changing( i mean types of foods) so my body is adjusting. Plus the stress of a new job is not helping.
Tabby:
How long do you think each Botox shot lasted for you? 3 months
Did you have the same dose of Botox each time, do you know the dose? Not sure
Did you have the Botox under general/local anaesthetic? General in the OR
Most importantly are you healed? I think so the CRS said I was 99% healed months ago.
You say this week has been painful on and off, is this fissure pain or more of an ache ? Its an ache . I have internal hemmroids too.
Can you feel the fissure site still ? I have a very small skin tag I can't feel fissure.
We have talked about this before and I think someone said that even after we heal that it could take 6 months to a year for that area (scar) to fully heal and there would some sensitivity still.
I think that is my case because i am not experinecing the pain I had before. I hope I answered your questions you. Please ask me anything I will do my best.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Oct 2008, 15:07

OK, I'll ask you something -- how are you doing, Patty????
Sounds like you are healing??? Image
Life *can* be good!! Image Image
I remember when you were *so* miserable!! You give hope to a lot of folks here!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Oct 2008, 04:24

Patty Image
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions !
I have read those stats about healing times too…It sure does figure !
Its super you have healed this way, gives others here so much hope Image
Please take good care of your tooshy queen of buttox Image
Best of luck with your new job !
xx

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2008, 06:32

Kim and Tabby,
I am doing well. Anytime I have a set back, it doesn't mean there is a new fissure or I have a retear. I know what to do to help me get through it. The pain I was just having is just about gone. I increased my fiber and fruit. I also take stool softners when needed. There are alot of variables to this fissure healing process. Stress is a major variable and can cause havoc on your butt. I had to go find a new job because the doctor I worked for was going to cut me to 3 days. My first thought was OMG my butt. It is funny because I still revolve my life around my butt, it's in a good way though. The change of season is another variable. I am eating fall foods now and the fresh fruit is hard to find.
Kim:
I cannot take all the credit for where I am today with my fissure. This forum and all of you with your knowledge are the biggest factor. Just for the fact that you listened and you cared helped tremondously. This goes out to all of you. Thank you!
Patty
:hcat:

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 09:00

Patty Image
You have come so far .... I have read many of your posts esp the botox ones Image
You have the balance now Patty Image
Take good care and have fun !
xx

Postby SunshineHope » 02 Nov 2008, 02:48

Patty!!! Image I just realized I forgot to reply to this message. Thank you so much for your encouragement. It's really great to hear from you again, it's been a while. It's soo great to see the healing processes of other boardies. Please keep us updated on your healing, I hope it stays as great as it sounds... It's great that you're so dedicated to healing.
I know what you mean about not finding fresh fruit nowadays. I absolutely love summer time because of all the berries, peaches, plums, it's heaven for my butt & stomach. I didn't even have to worry in the summer about getting enough fibre because I would just eat fruit (& it feels so good in the heat anyways)... The fruit would help keep things so regular. Now it's pretty much just mandarin orange season :p but I still buy whatever else I can find. I just have to force myself to eat it in the cold (yeah, Canada can be quite cold).
Anyhoo take care and keep us posted!! Image
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Corsi » 10 Nov 2008, 13:52

How are you and your fissure doing? Looking forward to travel?
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18