Another day, another problem -- is this incontinence?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another day, another problem -- is this incontinence?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Aug 2009, 12:01

Ok so lately I've been eating lots of veggie soup, taking Miralax dutifully, taking Valium, and using both nifedipine and nitroglycerin (on different days) for my fissure. It seems to have been somewhat successful in that my stool is soft and frozen yogurt like most of the time (you're welcome for the imagery :)) and bowel movements are usually only mildly painful to moderately uncomfortable. No screaming pain for a few days now. Once in a while a hard poop comes along just to mess with me and remind me of my relative standing in the world, but I haven't cried like a small child for several days now. And the bleeding seems to have reduced greatly (knock real hard on wood here).
But here's the deal. Every morning, I have a routine:
* Wake up, feel the urgent need to poop.
* Rush to take a Valium, apply either nifedine or nitro using my fingers, and apply dibucaine ("cocaine for your butt" as my doctor buddy calls it) using my fingers to numb any pain. During this entire time, I can feel the urgent need to poop (i.e., the "prairie dogging" sensation to put it sophomorically).
* I then run for the bathroom to take care of business.
This is all fine and dandy, but for the last two days, I've noticed that by the time I get to the bathroom and sit on the throne, a small turd (maybe 1"x1" similar in size to a hairball puked by a cat) has already escaped and is now claiming its territory in my undergarments. This is a bit nasty but easy to manage since I'm still at home. The same thing hasn't happened any time and place other than when I first wake up in the morning with the urgent need to go.
My question to you all is this: does this sound like continence to you? And has anyone else experienced this while using nifedipine or nitro therapy?
Personally I think it is because (1) the Miralax makes me need to go urgently, and (2) I loosen up the sphincter too much when applying Valium, nifedipine/nitro, dibucaine and waste precious time doing so (especially when there's a poop at the very end of the rectum waiting already). I'm not overly concerned about it just yet, but it is a new development, and it is a bit unsettling, so I thought I'd see if any others have had similar issues with escapees.
Cheers and hope everyone is having a good day, well as good as one can have with a fissure, that is :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Another day, another problem -- is this incontinence?

Postby Corsi » 27 Aug 2009, 13:59

I think it must be all the stuff you take/add and because you don't go at once. I would go asap when you feel the need to go... Image
Do you have to take all this stuff?
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2009, 03:18

Hey Corsi, god dag :)
I'm not sure if I have to take all of it, but it's what seems to have been helping a little bit recently so I'm scared to change up the equation just yet... I'm hoping I can see some lasting improvement if I just give it a little more time.
But yeah I probably shouldn't waste so much time putting on ointments and just try going right away to see it is. Going to give that a try and hope it doesn't hurt any more than usual.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2009, 03:21

Hey NG !
I think you are spot on there, a combo of creams and miralax = urgency i think !
Maybe the cream is doing the do ! I hope so !

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2009, 03:30

Hey Tabby,
Happy Friday to ya! Tomorrow, or whenever the bad urgency happens again, I think I'm going to run to the bathroom and move those bowels, forget taking the time to put on creams and what not. Hopefully that's just what it is. If I'm still inadvertently pooping my pants at that point then I'm sure I'll be back in this thread with a even better story to tell :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2009, 03:36

I love your humour NG !
Birthday boy !
Happy Friday to you too ...

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2009, 03:44

Thanks, Tabby, but I haven't done to sleep yet so it's still technically Thursday for me Image
Hopefully this thing won't get too much more humorous, though, you know what they say, poop my pants once, shame on poop, poop my pants twice, time to stop wasting time with ointments! Hopefully this will me my last update on this topic, laundry bill's been getting a bit high Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2009, 03:48

Now this timezone is just crazy !
Your time - 3am ! Image You are up late Chen !
I am glad you still have your humour Image

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2009, 03:52

Haha I'm a bit of a night owl, always have been... Still wide awake but gonna have to force myself to go count some sheep now, got a 8 AM meeting tomorrow. I'm never sure why I schedule these things on Fridays but I'm pretty sure I'm a slow learner. Have a good one, over and out! Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2009, 03:54

I thought you were a bit of a night owl ! COOL !
Sweet dreams Chen ! Image