Another day, another problem -- is this incontinence?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Another day, another problem -- is this incontinence?

Postby suzyljank » 28 Aug 2009, 08:28

It's the nifedipine or the nitro. It's doing it's job relaxing the sphincter muscle and if you have urgency and are holding it while trying to apply all those ointments it's not that usual that you might start to go a bit. Keep all you stuff in the bathroom by the toilet so you can apply it there. It might help. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 28 Aug 2009, 09:20

Thanks, guys! I just got up now and haven't pooped myself yet. Urgency isn't as bad today though. I've already applied nifedipine, dibucaine, and taken my morning Valium and am now actually eating cereal and drinking water trying to tell that poop to hurry up and get a move on :) I've got places to go, things to do, it was early the last two days and now it's taking it's sweet time!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Corsi » 29 Aug 2009, 08:42

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Hey Corsi, god dag :)
God dag til deg ogsе, hеper fissuren din oppfшrer seg pent :)
Being a night owl is a good thing when you are expecting twins...when you get babies you will never sleep again... Image ever Image
How are you today?
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 29 Aug 2009, 08:52

Hey Corsi, thank you, the fissure is indeed behaving well today (at least I think that's what you said, I apologize if I got something wrong :)) Well, so far, anyway, it's just shy of 8 AM here and no BMs yet so we shall see :)
Haha yeah I guess all those years of staying up late and being sleep deprived will finally come in handy. I knew late nights of video games all that time were preparing me for bigger challenges in life!
I'm about to head out to an all-day childbirth training class with my wife, fingers crossed that the fissure behaves itself! Hope you have a nice evening, I loved Norway during the summertime with the near-constant sunlight and nice weather all I wanted to do was sit around at the cafe and sip on a coffee or beer all day or go to one of the free concerts around town (we don't have those much here in the States)...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 01 Sep 2009, 12:18

Hey NG,
I am so glad there is a place we can take about this sh*t (pun intended! LMAO)
That happened to me once a few weeks ago and i had been going rather manic with my nitro cream (applying it every hour terrified the pain would start)
To say i was mortified was an understatement, not to mention the feeling of discust, i cried myself to sleep that night.
So it looks like nitro maybe ?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Sep 2009, 12:50

Hey Jackie,
Yep, in my case it looks like a case of trying to hold it in for too long (urgency probably due to the Miralax and super high fiber diet) and taking my sweet time applying the nitro and dibucaine. Basically the "kids wanted to get into the pool" and I was holding them back -- bad idea on my part. I haven't had it happen since those two back-to-back occurences last week. These days, if I feel great pooping urgency (okay I guess the proper term is "fecal urgency" :)) when I wake up in the morning, I go straight to the bathroom and let 'er rip!
I know what you mean, though, when it happened two days in a row for me I was wondering WTF was going on. The whole time I was pondering LIS and worried about incontinence, and here I was with some little escapees in my underwear even though I'd used nothing but ointments so far. Definitely unsettling. I'm still a little disturbed by it but not as much as before.
How are things going with you? IIRC you had tried botox before and it wasn't working right? Are you back on nitro now? I don't know much about your fissure history but hopefully you're making some kind of progress. If that's you in the pic then it at least looks like you're smiling :) With a cute kid to boot!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 01 Sep 2009, 13:54

Hey NG, i take it you read my post as you replied LOL, yea the botox didnt work that time, so i dot hold much hope for round two!
It is me in the pic and that was before AF!! either that or i was pi**ed ! lol and the little girl is my Jazmin, one of the major reasons why i need to get this thing sorted as she is suffering to :( xxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Sep 2009, 14:11

Hey Jackie,
My wife is about to give birth to twins (within the next 2-3 weeks now), one boy and one girl, and we are naming the girl Jasmine too! Different spelling but looks like we have good taste in baby names Image
I'm sorry to hear about the botox, I thought I recalled your earlier thread about it not working. That's one of the options I was looking at too for my next step. So far the symptoms have been stabilizing a bit though (I'm "cautiously pessimistic" about the fissure) so I've been putting off the decision for a bit longer.
Hope you can get some relief soon...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure