Bum cleanliness

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Bum cleanliness

Postby afugh!! » 19 Sep 2009, 02:44

Ya I did a tour of western europe in Sep.01 with my sister,cousin and my ex-girlfriend,I went to England,France,Italy,Germany,Austria,Switzerland,Lichtenstein,ugh lets just say a whole bunch of countries.Don't wanna do tours again though because sticking to itineraries is just nerve racking.for an eastern Europe trip I wanna do something more to my pace,not necessarily backpacking it but I'll figure out something by then.I wanna check out Poland as well,bet they have some super good sausages so hopefully my butt can handle somthing like that by then.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby sidra1968 » 19 Sep 2009, 07:19

Hey, glad you guys are travelers like me...we have to stay in touch so when I go to some of these places, I can get some first-hand-experience advice! We're looking at China right now, but really it just depends on the best deal..I am from Polish descent (like 90%, with a litte Lithuanian thrown in), so I want to see that, also. Very cool that you've been there. How have you traveled so much by such a young age? Was some of it business?
NG, well, the infection is still there a bit believe it or not! I'm about halfway through this second round of Flagyl..don't really know what else I can do?! For the first time since the LIS I had a bit of burning at the incision site after this morning's watery bm..I had 3 Busch N/A's last night whie playing video poker at my local watering hole and them some Tombstone pizza..so that along with the Miralax and Flagyl..I guess those are the culprits...but I've eaten anything I've wanted and actually drank REAL alcohol before and this is the first time it's happened, so I don't know. I put some Vaseline on as a barrier/soother for now. It's not terrible, but maybe a needed reminder that I may feel 98% and not think about this much anymore, but it is gonna be a factor in my life probaby for a very long time. Man, I'll have to be really careful on the exotic travels!
Illinois has a bye week but I'm scared to death of the beating we will probably take at the hands of the Buckeyes next week. Should be some other good games on today though. GO BIG TEN! (We need some wins)..Heading up to Chicago area to visit my sister/friends for my nephew's 3rd b-day..it's a BBQ party with a full bar and adult games in the backyard, and I'm stuck making Sangria with FAKE wine for me and the kids :(
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Sep 2009, 11:51

Damn that's a persistent infection. How much longer for the Flagyl? Maybe the kind of bacteria causing it needs some other kind of antibiotic to kill it or something? Image A bit of burning after having pizza and N/A beer (insert sophomoric snicker here) doesn't sound too bad compared to all out fissure pain but doesn't sound too fun either. I've kind of resigned myself to this being a long battle, too, seems that there aren't any easy or quick solutions when it comes to chronic fissures :(
Didn't know you guys were getting the Buckeyes next week -- ouch! You never know, though, I caught last week's Trojans-Buckeyes game and they didn't look all that impressive. USC's got a good D but still.
Yeah most of the time I spent in Europe was business related in some way. I worked for a Norwegian company for a while so they sent me to HQ for a little over 3 months. So I spent the bulk of my time working in Oslo. But I also took a lot of side trips on the weekends and work gave me some time off to explore the surrounding countries a bit. I managed to make it to London, Paris, Nice, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Berlin, Wroclaw and Katowice in Poland (drove there from Germany which was interesting), and a couple other places within Norway. I'll be honest, I didn't personally care for the food in most of Europe (it all seemed pretty bland), but the food in Poland was something else. I went there near the end of my time in Europe and was pleasantly surprised. Gorged myself silly on fried lard balls (not sure what they're called), perogi, goulash, and all the beer (I think Zywiec or something like that was the common one) and vodka I could handle! The zloty was real weak against the dollar at the time so I was all about the $2 vodka shots during every meal :)
The other trips like Asia (China, Philippines, Taiwan) were purely for leisure, as was Australia (got to Sydney of course and also a couple places in Queensland and the Red Centre). Lately time's been short (and money's tighter) though so we've just been taking small long weekend trips to Canada (usually during winter to snowboard) or Mexico since it's quicker and cheaper. Never been to South America or the Middle East, though, those are on the radar for a future trip sometime!
Must be nice being Polish and living in Chicagoland (kind of like being Asian and in California I guess), Chicagoland was the only place I've found any decent Polish food, we don't really have any here in Cali.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Sep 2009, 11:53

afugh!! wrote:Don't wanna do tours again though because sticking to itineraries is just nerve racking.

And yeah agreed here, I don't like the tours either. I went one on with my folks a loooong time ago and won't do another one. The only argument in favor of them is they're cheaper IMO. I figure if I'm gonna go and blow a load of money anyhow, I might as well put together the itinerary I want and book everything myself. My parents do the tours every trip they take, though, for some reason they feel safer on them Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 19 Sep 2009, 17:48

Well Sidra if your going to China be sure too bring your own Tp at all times,make sure your on top of your game when it comes to bargaining at souvenir shops because they are VERY PUSHY,always start at 1/4th the price of what you want to buy and haggle from there and you will come out with a sweeter bargain.Electronics are a good thing to look for in China as well even though most are bootleg Suny's but digital cameras,mp4 players,and cell phones are a sweet buy.Got me a coolpix camera for only 40 U.S. dollars but its legit and it works great.Last thing would probably be the traffic,though not as bad as the Phillippines but its crazy nonetheless so always be aware,get eye contact with the driver and commit to crossing and you will be fine.Don't know what else to add but NG has more experience so he can give you more advice if you need.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19