Bum cleanliness

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bum cleanliness

Postby afugh!! » 14 Sep 2009, 02:17

After a BM i would usually take a tissue dabbed in warm water and pat it down til i see no fecal matter,hose my bum down with my shower head hose,take a 15 min sitz bath and I would do a final hose down and a pat dry with a kleenex.Later on in the day after another sitz bath I would apply a moisturizer or at night with lidocaine and I would still see watered down fecal matter on the kleenex.I would figure after my rigorous efforts after a BM to clean my bum I should not be seeing any fecal matter on a tissue.Do you guys have a hard time getting it clean down there and should I be concerned that I can't keep it totally clean and that it might develope an infection or worse?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Bum cleanliness

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Sep 2009, 05:58

I think what you are doing sounds quite sufficient. I wouldn't worry about it to any large degree unless you have areas that you think may be trapping fecal matter.
Deleted User 5

Postby suzyljank » 14 Sep 2009, 06:12

I wouldn't worry much either. Do you have any skin tags? If you do they tend to trap even the tiniest pieces of waste. Sometimes they swell up a little while you have a bm and later when they shrink there is fecal matter that was kind of there. Just keep doing what you're doing. I sometimes take a tucks pad fold it in half and put it there for a while and it will clean up the rest they great because they're flushable. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby cherylk » 14 Sep 2009, 06:37

Cotton balls with Balneol is a good, gentle way to clean the area!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby busymom » 14 Sep 2009, 11:32

Cheryl - I am so glad that you mentioned Balneol! I just found it a few weeks ago and it has been such a soothing cleansing lotion. I use just a little bit and it is wonderful! I wish I had known about it before now!
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby afugh!! » 14 Sep 2009, 15:37

Not sure if I have a skin tag but I do believe it gets trapped on the fissure and thats what worries me.I'm thinking of getting baby wipes and maybe I can wipe it down better with it,I'm already spending a fortune on this damn fissure and buying more products just aggravates me.Sometimes during a sitz bath I would pass wind and I would see lil poops floating around Image.I'm thinking now that maybe when I pass gas (I pass often)maybe some spew out.I don't know,I have ocd so I get all Image when I don't feel clean.Thanks for the input you guys and keep it comin.I'll look up on that balneol later on tonight.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 14 Sep 2009, 15:55

Btw Kim your avy is making me very envious,I can't even watch Anthony Bordains No Resvervation anymore because he eats all these yummy foods I know I can't have.I can still watch Andrew Zimmerns because he eats crap like roaches and maggots Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Sep 2009, 20:27

I have a couple of external hemorrhoids (been there for years and I'll have to name them if they stick around much longer :)) and also a skin tag or two, and it does make the anal area hard to clean after a BM. So I wouldn't worry about what you're describing. It sounds like part of the great fun of anorectal issues to me.
When my hemorrhoids and fissure were really bad (meaning causing me lots of very uncomfortable symptoms all the time), I would get "skid marks" (for lack of a better word) in my underwear all the time. It's a rather embarassing thing to be sure but wasn't harmful. Now that the fissure is under a bit more control than before, I don't the skid marks nearly as often but it can still be tough to clean after a BM. I try to shower if I can, and if not, then I dab some water and try to dab it up with toilet paper the best I can.
I can't watch any food shows anymore either, whether it's No Reservations or Bizarre Foods or Iron Chef, I just can't see all that delicious food that I can't eat. Oh yeah add drinking shows like Three Sheets to that list since I can't drink alcohol these days either. I'm right there with ya man :(
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Sep 2009, 20:31

Btw as you know I try to make it down to LA for Lakers games a few times a year, and part of my routine is to eat some of the stuff I like down there every time. I used to love Fatburger and Roscoe's when I lived there and we don't have them here in Nor Cal. Actually we do have one Fatburger but it's about 50 miles away. You have no idea how badly I just want to say f'it, slam a few whiskeys one day, and go up there and have myself a big ol king burger with all the options fissure be damned!!!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 17 Sep 2009, 02:07

Ya No reservations have new episodes and I recorded a couple,I started feeling depressed because he was eating some good stuff especially from the Thailand episode,I just started losing interest and I deleted the recording and watched something else.There is two things I like doing,1)traveling 2)is eating hot spicy foods.I'm like EH!!!can't keep watching him because he does two of my favorite things to do and I just feel envious that I can't do it anymore.Hopefully the traveling thing is just temporary but the spices is something I'm not gonna probably do ever again Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist