Advancement Flap Surgery??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advancement Flap Surgery??

Postby Peachy724 » 18 Dec 2009, 16:10

Has anyone had this surgery, i am going into hospital on monday (FINALLY) to have it done and he says i have to be in overnight, i just want to know the recovery, will i be in alot of pain on Xmas day :( oh and he is banding those hellish hemmaroids, said he wouldnt cut them as it would increase the pain so i think the advancement flap will be big. He wont do the LIS as my internal muscle has been damaged by childbirth.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery??

Postby derryboy » 19 Dec 2009, 04:28

hey peachy, thought you had managed to heal and living a pain free time..... guess i was wrong... sorry to read the above Image
i dont know much about this apart from what ive read on here, so no expert sorry peachy,
but heres a link to a page about advancement flap surgery by boardies on here that have had it done or know far more than i do.
yuou take care, and also if you put in advancement flap surgery in the search box you`ll find a few other postings on this surgery.
best i can offfer you peachy sorry your having on going probs
http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/anal-advancement-flap-t513.htm?highlight=flap+replacement
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Peachy724 » 19 Dec 2009, 16:09

Hey Darren, ive not been on lately cause my mental health has deteriorated because of this , my meds now include tramadol, pregabalin, diazapam,diclofenic,prozac and now chlorpromozine, an anti psychotic (its for my anxiety) my anorexia has a firm grip again but im trying to beat that, and get back up, having to fight my work, saw OH at Fernbrae and he says im not fit for work and wont be till im ready, could be a week could be 5 months but i will get back to full capacity so hope that keeps them off my back but i am now going to be down to half pay next month, ill have to pull Jaz out of nursery as that costs 360 a month for 2 and half days a week :( i dont want to though, shes been there since she was 4 months, will be 3 in feb, see im affecting her life in a bad way!!
Anyhoo thanks for the links, i have searched the net for this surgery and come up with zilch!
Hows things going with you?
xxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby derryboy » 21 Dec 2009, 03:50

Good luck 4 2day peach. let us know when u can, how u r. who is the crs you are getting, pm the name if you dont want to name on here,
me well.....good/bad days for me, been put on more tablets just last week. healing still seems to be a very long slow prgress where they done the op for the abcess. the fistula op site splits open from time to time Image but its Image when it does.. gp said its just cause where it is on the mid line......so my left butt cheek is now all swollen, but all that was said come back in jan if stil there.
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Dec 2009, 18:43

Dear Jackie,
Hopefully your surgery went great today Image You might try to read what our member KerrBear wrote about her recovery after that kind of surgery !!! She had very good results KTW, and I am sure you will too : )) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 21 Dec 2009, 20:18

Jackie,
I hope your surgery went well today!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 22 Dec 2009, 07:33

peachy hun, hope your ok. wishing you well
dazzy xx Image Image
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Michelle » 02 Feb 2010, 23:56

How are you feeling? I've been wondering how your surgery went and how you are recovering. Let us know if you are up for it! Hope you are feeling better!
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

My Advancement Flap Surgery

Postby Peachy724 » 03 Feb 2010, 08:50

Hey Folks,
Sorry i never updated earlier, i actually tried to and twice my post never saved after a lenghthy update so gave up. The advancement flap surgery that my surgeon was meant to do on the 21st of december turned out that when iwas under he banded the hemmies that were bothering me but he "thought" the fissure was starting to heal so just gave me more botox so you can imagine how dissapointed i was. Fast forward a couple weeks and i was still getting bad fissure pain despite now being on morphine aswell as the rest (pregabalin, valium, paracetamol, diclofenic, chlorpromozine and prozac but thats for my mood as you will probably know) so he said he would do the advancement flap, the took me in two weeks ago today and finally i got it done! the first few days were great, not alot of pain but then the stitches started to tighten and pinch and really hurt but i was told it was normal and by then i didn't kno if it was fissure pain or healing pain. I now know its healing pain, i had a follow up with the surgeon yesterday and he seems very pleased with his work (lol) and said it was all healing up nicely, im still getting pain but i guess thats normal, he actually cut out the fissure and cut a diamond of good tissue to cover up the wound. He actually cut himself slightly during the op so we had to get HIV tests and HEP B and C tests done, but i wasn't worried and the results were all fine, i didnt give a toss to be honest, my bum is my main concern. Im still taking it easy and taking 3 movicals a day as all the pain relief is sstill constipating me. Im still unsure, the stitches are still there and i do get a slight throbbing after i go to the loo but do you think thats either psychosomatic or just understandable as there is a wound in there healing?? Im still scared this hasnt worked as ive suffered for so long and know this is the last chance saloon as there is nothing further that can be done, this surgery is used if LIS fails so it has to work! Ive been putting vaseline on the stitches that are outside and im starting to get itchy at times which is good isnt it? only thing is i cant touch it as its still very tender. If anyone hasany questions im more than happy to answer as i know this surgery isnt performed often
Jackie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Michelle » 03 Feb 2010, 23:23

I'm so sorry you had to go through two different operations. I hope that this does the trick for you. How many fissures do you have? Did he say what the recovery time might be? Are you able to take care of your child? I have so many questions I could ask! I have had 2 LIS's and neither have worked. I was told an anoplasty was my next option but I have 3 fissures (can you believe that!!!) so I'm wondering how that will work. This is so hard to go through but thank you so much for being willing to share your experience. The information really does help the rest of us out!
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3