Advancement Flap Surgery??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery??

Postby cherylk » 04 Feb 2010, 09:26

Jackie,
Are you trying to relax at time of bm? I know that is difficult!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Peachy724 » 04 Feb 2010, 10:16

Cheryl i do find it had to relax when im going for a BM as i am so used to being tense.
Michelle, the surgeon has never given me a recovery time frame as everyone is different i guess, it is frustrating but i am fully mobile two weeks later, just not healed and still in pain but i know i am healing. As far as i know there was only one demon fissure, cant imagine 3! The surgeon said he cut out the fissure in a diamond shape and then used the skin from outside to cut and pull over and stitch together the wound inside.
Im not able to take care of Jazmin 100% and especially in the first few days my hubby took time off work so i could rest and sleep which gave me a kick start, my mother in law has been taking her at times too and she is spending time at nursery but apart from that she is with me alot of the time now but she knows im sore and cant lift her or do mummy stuff id love to do, plus im weak from my low weight too which im trying to sort. If you have more questions fire away :) LIS is meant to be pretty successful so you must be having a terrible time :( what does anoplasty involve? xxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby cherylk » 04 Feb 2010, 10:56

Jackie,
I went through that 2 week class at Mayos last summer--training the muscles down there to relax with biofeedback. I think it helped me quite a bit. Important to try to keep the muscle relaxed at all times throughout the day. I used to check it with a sensor inserted while taking the class. It was called "pelvic floor retraining." I had a prob with the muscle and I literally needed Miralax to push things out.
I would gladly send you some extra pounds across the pond and my chocolate cravings! :roll: I'm currently reading a book on how to get thiner, which I never would have imagined reading a couple of years ago when I was thin and drinking Ensure to gain weight. Nothing is forever. Good luck!!
I went to a travelogue at our local lib last week and now have a dvd on Scotland to view from the lib!
xx
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 06 Feb 2010, 10:15

hope things are going well for you peachy....and your feeling better...take care
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Michelle » 07 Feb 2010, 22:59

Thanks for your response. I hope that each day is better and better for you. This really can play tricks with your mind. It has been a lot harder for me lately to keep a positive attitude about everything because I can't help but think about this problem all throughout the day. I'm not exactly sure what an anoplasty is. I think it is like advanced flap surgery but I haven't talked about it in detail with my CRS. If you don't mind, I will message/post questions on here when I have them. I am so thankful for your openness.
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Michelle » 24 Feb 2010, 16:38

Hi Jackie,
How are you feeling now? Do you feel like your procedure worked? Does your doctor think things are going well? I hope you are feeling soooo much better! (By the way, I think you had mentioned about wanting more kids. What does your doctor say about that after having this problem?)
Michelle
Fibre Addict

anoplasty

Postby evmaya » 28 Feb 2010, 05:50

hi everyone
Im sorry for the pain you are all living with...I suffered anal fissures on and off for 15 years and finally had the anoplasty surgery. I had 2 fissures at the time..apparently very deep and serious. To cut a long story short after 1 very hard month 1 fissure had healed and after 2 months both healed. I am taking 2 sachets of movicol per day which is mild compared to the pain I have experienced. I am pain free, blood free and have a new life. My doctor is shocked that it worked???...very reassuring but I encourage everyone to try as it cant damage you I believe so if it works like for me it is simply a miracle beyond belief. I found also through the years that pecan nuts and mangoes helped a lot
evmaya

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Feb 2010, 12:04

Michelle I am so sorry to hear that you have 3 fissures : ((. It is VERY unusual to have that number - did they ever test you for Crohn or any other inflammatory process going on down there : (((. Especially if your resting pressure is not high - did anybody measure it by manometry ???
I would hate you to have one extra surgery if you actually have other underlying cause of your fissures : ((. Did you ever check Berhnard thread ???
Just a thought : ( If anybody - I am a big proponent of surgery since it saved my butt, but sometimes it is not the answer if there is inflammation an actual cause *sigh...
Wishing you the best of luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Michelle » 01 Mar 2010, 00:11

I was actually checked for Crohn's by my General Surgeon during my first surgery. I don't have many good things to say about him so who knows if he thoroughly checked! My gastroenterologist did a scope though and didn't think anything looked inflamed either. My first fissure was due to a hard stool after childbirth and eventually more have appeared. I am still trying to find the right food balance for me so that's been difficult. Thanks for mentioning Bernard's thread. I will certainly look into that!
evmaya - I would love to hear about your anoplasty story. There are not many here who have had that done. I know you said it was a hard month but I would love to hear it anyways. Congrats on healing!
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Postby evmaya » 01 Mar 2010, 03:42

ok...fond a gret surgeon...not nice but excellent at his job...went in for day surgery,,,after quick painless procedure under general anaestethic went home excited and drugged...next day in excrutiating pain...by that night admitted to hospital as 2 haemotomas had formed under the flaps that had been sewed over the newly cut fissures. surgeon nowhere to be found so 5 days of bureaucratic nightmare and lots of painkillers. cut a long story short after 4 weeks 1 fissure had healed but stitches popped flap off the second one when i made a wrong movement but then 3 weeks later is also healed...was eating lots of mangoes in bali at the time????..may have helped...now im pain free and only on 2 sachets of movicol per night
questions welcome
good luck
evmaya