pressure for pain relief? sit, stand, lie down?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

pressure for pain relief? sit, stand, lie down?

Postby dee » 28 Mar 2010, 20:59

i've noticed in the past few weeks that at times sitting (on a padded computer chair) is the most comfortable position for me...i used to prefer standing or even better laying down, but sometimes when i'm standing/walking i'm the most uncomfortable and when i'm laying down it also hurts---i have to get up and sit on the computer chair (i would never sit on a wooden chair--that would be awful...)...maybe it's something similar to applying pressure to any kind of pain--i don't understand why it works that way but usually it does help me--anybody have any other suggestions for non-medicine methods of getting relief? maybe i could look into accupressure and possibly learning some points i could use on myself or have my husband press...
or maybe i could move to california and get a prescription for medical marijuana--never had it tho and don't know if it would help... Image
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: pressure for pain relief? sit, stand, lie down?

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Mar 2010, 23:53

Do whatever makes you feel better LOL !!!!!
Cannabis would definitely help - but so does Vallium LOL- and the second one is more easily obtained ; ) !
For me the only thing that helped "somewhat" was warmth - I was sitting on a heating pad 24/7 !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: pressure for pain relief? sit, stand, lie down?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 29 Mar 2010, 00:59

lol in a few months here you might not even need a "medical prescription" at all :) I have it on ummm let's just say good authority here, though, that this particular herbal remedy doesn't help much with fissure pain, unfortunately Image
What position is most painful for me has changed over time. In the beginning standing was the most comfortable for me, but now it's sitting. I'm not sure what other non-medicinal methods of pain relief there would be outside of the usual sitz baths though Image For some reason my fissure pain would always ease up after I take a nap but I don't suppose that's a valid pain relief method in many cases :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45