Muscle relaxers

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Muscle relaxers

Postby Fissulyna » 25 May 2010, 14:19

Yeap yeap LOL - I will be growing Olive trees and some nice weed in their shade Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 25 May 2010, 14:27

BWAHAHAHAHA hey you know there's recent research that a certain herb is actually good for muscle spasms :) In my own personal "research" I haven't found it to be too good for butt spasms, but you never know... :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 25 May 2010, 14:41

Oh - gosh darn !!!! Do not tell me that Image - than anal sphincter is really "something special" Image - OMG LOL- like we do not all know it here Image !!!!
STUPID SPHINCTER !!!! First thing I will ask God when I see him will be : " Hey dude - you might have skipped that "seventh day" of no work - you know , and maybe rethink design of out butts" !!!!!!! Image Sheeeeeesh !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby fire-cracker » 25 May 2010, 14:58

Thanks everyone for your input!!
After debating on calling my PCP for muscle relaxers I decided to not ask for them at this time. I think that I will be ok with this pain in my butt since in the past I have had 2 kidney stones and would not take any pain meds. for that. The 1st stone passed within a few days, but the 2nd one took 1 week to pass...and even though I was crawling on the floor thinking that I was going to die...I still would not take pain meds. I did however ask him if it was ok for me to take 4 stool softeners a day instead of 3....he said no :( He claims that he doesn't want me to become too dependent on them. I guess I will have to eat my veggies and like them Image .
I am still wondering though if the muscles are just sore and irritated because my BM's have somewhat gone back to their normal consistency/thickness (OMG...that sounds gross, and my hubby can not believe that I would tell people these things, but how else would I know without asking). I just really need to get them super soft again.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 25 May 2010, 15:16

hey we love talking about poop here, the more descriptive the better lol Image
Soreness could DEFINITELY be because your BMs have become bigger or harder again. That will irritate the sphincter on their way out, and maybe other rectal muscles too if you're straining during the BM.
I'm actually a little surprised your PCP said you couldn't take an extra stool softener. If I remember right you're taking docusate sodium. Several docs have told me to take as much of that as I need (although it never did much for me hence why I love Miralax so much), and I'm pretty sure some people on this board take a lot.
Personally I would think maybe the doctor is trying to "cover his butt" by telling you not to take any more. You should definitely eat your veggies (I hate veggies myself but choke them down :)) but you should also have a stool softener regimen that produces soft stool, otherwise there's no point to even taking them, right? If it were me I'd get a second opinion or even try a different stool softener. I'm personally for following the doctor's advice when it makes sense, but what they say isn't the end all and be all of everything, so I'm inclined to do what works for me since I'm the one who's suffering.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 25 May 2010, 22:09

Absolutely LOL - poop is our passion LMAO , or better say OBsession Image
More formed poop can definitely cause more soreness - but I do not think as a result of "fatigue" : (( Those muscles never tire ...obviously : ((( Can be in spasm 24/7 !!!!
I also do not understand your GP "logic" and from my experience only CRS and GI doctors are versed in digestive problems and of how to solve them and stuff Image since they work with that and ONLY that. My past GP had NO idea of what I have or how to treat it Image
Yes- you definitely should stay off any meds if you can handle the situation without them !!!!!
Just find a doctor that will give you a proper creams and offer Botox so you can relax that sphincter. When it is in a spasm it does not only hurt - it PREVENTS healing so it is very important that you find proper treatment ASAP. The longer you have a fissure- the harder it is for it to close : (.
Wishing you fast healing Image
Fissulyna
VIP