Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Postby desperatehousewife » 02 Jul 2010, 23:34

Does anyone else have these anal fissure symptoms?
by desperatehousewife Today at 12:18 am
.Hello fellow af'ers!
I believe I've had af's for years, I am now 32. I can remember holding off from going to the bathroom from a very young age, sometimes even going once a week. Horrible I know. My problem always came and went. I would have pain but I knew after the bm it would be over. When I got into my later 20's I started trying to eat more fibre and water, which would usually do the trick, but always relapsed.
Since the birth of my son a year ago, I have been in af HELL. I was diagnosed with hemmeroids first by my primary doc, then a surgeon, then another doc who told me it was a fissure. I've used dialtezam for 9 weeks with little effect. Then did Nifedepine for 6 weeks. Pain upon defecation is about a 4/10 if I eat my All Bran and metamucil daily, and bleeding has stopped on most occasions. However, I have CONSTANT anal pressure sensations for the past 6 months. The 2 fissures (with tags) are still visible (12 and 6 o'clock). Sometimes the pressure, tightness feeling is soooo annoying I can't sleep and have to take armytriptayne or flexeril. It feels like I have something up there. Sitting and lying on my back is uncomfortable. My husband can't even touch me in bed as I am too uncomfortable (even snuggling!). If I pass gas when sitting, it feels like it is coming out my vagina. I am so tired of this and am getting seriously depressed. I'm finding it hard to stay positive and my husband is becoming less supportive as time passes. My bum aches all of the time. I've had a colonoscopy and Cat scan with negative results.
Anyone else have severe symptoms like this?
I am wondering if my only problem is anal fissures, perhaps something worse?
Any suggestions?
Do you think surgery (LIS) will work for me considering my description of pain?
Please help!
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2010, 01:01

That is just horrible :( Image :(
I am so sorry to hear about your pain : ((. Taking care of a baby in that condition with a husband that is loosing "patience" is really very hard position to be in :(
I would strongly suggest you try Botox or have a LIS . I had 2 LIS surgeries before my problems was solved but were soooooooo worth it !!!!!!!! I was in constant pain 24/7 for 5 mos before my first LIS , I was almost bedridden and yes - fissure can cause that kind of pain !!!! Actually, fissures are one of the most painful conditions that there are out there : ((. The only other painful conditions in the anus are fistulas and hemorrhoids which would be detected by all exams you had so far, so you can relax about all of that.
Your priority now is to get rid of those fissures and to get your life back Image
Hopefully , you have a good CRS who will take a good care of you !!!!!
Wishing you the best of luck Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61