Burning but no blood?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Burning but no blood?

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2010, 14:22

I have had some burning when I have a BM but there's no blood. It last maybe 5 minutes after a BM until I get everything well cleaned... When I have a BM, I have a real tight feeling and I kind of have to lean to a certain side to keep the pressure off...
What I was wondering is if you don't see blood or feel a rip, does that mean your fissure is trying to heal even if you have a burn? I'm so scared that it's going to tear again. It's close to that time of the month again and I keep reading post on here where others have noticed problems around then and I am terrified! I haven't seen any blood in 3 weeks but did experience some discomfort.

Re: Burning but no blood?

Postby StevePain » 26 Aug 2010, 14:56

hey dawn, don't worry, you may be having a set back, this is very common with fissures, they have a habit of going into hiding, making you believe that everything is ok, then all of a sudden...BANG! Anyone will tell you that this is the way fissures act, I used to go weeks without symptoms then it returned with the burning sensation after defecation that lasted all day.
None of this means your fissure isn't healing, it may well be healing but you could of had an odd BM that irritated the fissure, a change in consistency could of caused the burning pain you experienced, for example you could of eaten something that your fissure didn't like.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 26 Aug 2010, 15:08

I think I used to have some burning with no blood.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 26 Aug 2010, 15:28

As long as there is no bleeding then thats a good sign because bleeding is generally a sign of a re-tear.I never had a burning when my fissure was bad but pain is an up and down thing with a fissure.As long as you don't bleed then it's a good sign the fissure is still healing.The pain is an up and down thing because the nerves down there are still trying to straighten things out.Do you have any Nitro,nif or diltiazem?You should apply it before a bm to loosen your sphincter up.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2010, 21:07

Yes I have Diltiazem. I use it before the Bm's and it has helped. I had a huge external hemmy when this all started and there's like extra skin down there even though it's not swollen anymore. I'm not sure if this can cause more problems. I went to the crs when it was swollen and he acted like it was nothing. Told me to take hot bath and it would go away in a week. It did but left the ugliest loose skin. I guess that's a skin tab/tag?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Aug 2010, 23:18

I've often had burning without blood too. My fissure was a super strong bleeder in its youth, but stopped bleeding so much as it grew into adulthood... Unfortunately the pattern of setbacks and weird sensations when they happen is indeed not uncommon. You can never really tell what butt problems are going to do next, just gotta take care of it the best you can and hope your overall trajectory is upward :)
The extra skin does sound like a skin tag. I used to have bad hemmies. They all got gunned down in the crossfire between me and the fissure, but did leave two nice skin tags behind. Once in a while they get irritated, for instance if I have a lot of liquidy poops. A lot of us have sported skin tags at some point. I left mine alone, but some people opt to surgically remove them because they can potentially hamper fissure healing or just otherwise get irritated at times like mine do. Cosmetically they're a little funky, but once you get the fissure squared away, I think these little guys will just be considered minor speed bumps on the road to recovery :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2010, 10:38

Thanks NG,
Hopefully the skin tag won't get in the way of healing. I really don't care what it looks like as long as everything works right, I'd prefer no more cutting then necessary down there...
How are you feeling? I hope things are getting better for you!

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Aug 2010, 15:11

I developed a "bad" skin tag after my first LIS and unfortunately it started causing problems for me after I healed completely : (((. I had to cut it off during my second LIS *sigh
BUT, for most people it is NOT the case, so try to ignore it LOL. I have a skin tag now on 12 position and it is not making any problems for me (KTW) !!! It is some days bigger , some days smaller - depending of the "happiness of the butt" LMAO. If poops are perfect and I am not around the period it is small (maybe 1/16 th of an inch). If my anus gets "unhappy" , than tag can swell a little bit ( to 1/8th of an inch !!!) It is my "butt happiness barometer" Image
BTW - I bled only once when I just opened the fissure first time in my life and than there was only one droplet of blood when I reopened it 7 mos later that I found on my TP
Image So, I bled 2 times total in 2 years of dealing with fissures that would open and close non stop *sigh. So, for me fissure presence was always indicated by burning in the anus and painful spasms and tightness Image
I wish I can give you a valid advice about "period time" : ((. I was never able to "trick" my body of not making a poop more normal in consistency and not ultra-soft as in other days : (((. AND, it would happen 2 days BEFORE the period : (((, so I could not even use preemptive measures *sigh
Anyways - you might try to take EXTRA softener just before your period (if you have absolutely regular cycles, maybe you can predict with better precision when it is coming). That is about the only thing you might try and also maybe Valium to relax the whole pelvic floor ! I wish I was not so squeamish with taking anything Image - and tried to stay on the lowest doses of ANYTHING ...sheeeshhhh, my second LIS thought me to do EVERYTHING AT ONCE and no mercy and make that idiotic butt relax and heal !!!!!!!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2010, 16:08

That is crazy that you only bled 2x's in two years. I don't bleed alot when it happens but I can tell before I see the blood that it's re-tore.
The burning is after I have a Bm just for a few minutes... I was just hoping so badly that since I don't feel the tearing feeling and there's no blood, that it could be healing a little?
A part of me wants to just get the surgery and move on but it's just not that simple from what I keep reading. You just don't know if you're the one who'll do great or be the one who doesn't recover and regrets it. It just seems hopeless sometimes.

Postby Philber » 27 Aug 2010, 16:19

I'm not trying to persuade you to have the surgery, but my surgeon told me that the surgery is 90% effective, with a 10% chance of reoccurrence. And he said that for those for whom the surgery is not effective, and the reoccurrences, a second surgery is also 90% effective.
So if a good experienced surgeon recommends surgery for you, then the chances are overwhelmingly good that you will ultimately have a positive outcome, even if it takes a second surgery.
In fact, my surgeon said that of all the surgeries that are performed, this type of surgery has an extremely high rate of success with a very low risk of complications. Not bad. Not great, obviously. But not bad.
I know that there are lots of scary stories out there, many of them on these forums. But there are many, many people who have been cured, and relatively few people who have not. And I can't recall anybody (although there may be a few) who regrets having had the surgery.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3