Pain is changing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain is changing

Postby ss616 » 17 Apr 2011, 14:31

Hi Folks,
Need some advice. I've now been recovering from a tear 1.5 weeks ago. Been using Nitro and Mirlax/Mag combo as my primary remedies (occasionally using healing oils).
My pain for the first 4-5 days was crazy spams for hours after BM. The BM itself are not "glass" (had that during a tear 4 months ago) but rather pain & discomfort from the "stretching" during BM. However in the first few days had crazy spasm soreness pain for hours (typically 1 hour after BM).
Now the pain after BM has changed into what I can describe as spam pain for about 1 hour but 3-4 hours of "burning" pain. So the pain has shifted a lot more from pure spams pain to burning for a while...
I haven't had blood for 1.5 weeks (only that morning of the tear I believe).
Is this part of the healing/evolution of healing process? I'm just dumbfounded to be experiencing this... could it be irritation due to Nitro usage? (I notice that it burns even without apply Nitro).
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Pain is changing

Postby garwha » 18 Apr 2011, 14:34

That is how my pain went. I had the surgery about two weeks ago. The spasms were so bad at times that I would cry in pain. Unfortunately, I have not reached the point of healing from the surgery that I am comfortable recommending it. The surgery has done a number on me. I am more miserable now than ever. There are a number of great people on this site that would recommend the surgery, having had the time to heal. Your pain makes me think that you probably are heading that direction.
I don't want to scare you. I think that everyone needs to know what they are getting into. Who knows, you could be one of the people that get over it in four days.
Good luck.
garwha
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby mk87 » 18 Apr 2011, 14:38

The constant changing in pain and feeling is common.
I and many others experience the same and I can't really say if it has to do with healing. but less pain equals happiness :).
At first it was really painful, swollen, difficult to have BM. months later i was at a state at which i had pain 30 mins after BM for a couple of hours. This started to get less over time. Then had a bruised swollen feeling for a long time, that went away as well. And now it's completely different as it was before previously. But overall, less pain.
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Elphie » 19 Apr 2011, 17:39

Surgery is scary but in all honesty, garwha, they DID do a number on u! That's three different surgeries rolled into one! I hope u get some relief soon.
I also get the hours of burning pain, lately it lasts til mid morning if I'm able to do nothing but on days when I have to do things it can last all day. Nifedipine helped at first but I've built up a resistance to it. Now the only relief is the bath or the heating pad. A Valium type muscle relaxant helps too.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby ss616 » 19 Apr 2011, 18:12

I asked me CRS for valium type of muscle relaxer and he said 'it won't help you'. Good thing I'm going to see him tomorrow - I want a damn prescription for something!
My Nitro also doesn't feel like it does much honestly, I just get a slight burning feeling when I put it on and then its gone in a while.. the overall burn still continues as it seems the nitro is not stopping the spasming. The funny thing is that the nitro never even gave me a remote headache... I wonder if it works right? bad batch?
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Elphie » 20 Apr 2011, 07:22

Ocs don't want to prescribe the Valium cuz it's so addictive, my doc prescribed oxazepam and it definately helps! Stops the spasms and burning! My GP had to prescribe it, my CRS refused, I printed out info about Valium for fissures and brought it to her. Told her if she couldn't help I would find someone who would! Relief is worth the trouble! I also told her I have difficulty sleeping. Hope this helps!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10