Fissure prevention? Could u have done something different?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure prevention? Could u have done something different?

Postby hatemybutt » 13 Jun 2011, 21:14

1. I had constipation for years before my fissure and I didn't even care about it. I thought it was something normal and that I would be perfectly fine.
2. I think my fissure could have been prevented if I actually read about constipation and how stupid I was for not caring. Now I am here dealing with a fissure for 3 months that has me crying in pain.
hatemybutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2011, 21:38

hatemybutt,

Don't be so hard on yourself :( Most people don't have a clue what a fissure is until they get one. I know I didn't! I was rarely constipated but all it took was one time out of maybe 4 times in my life( I'm 41) and it happened.

Postby Savaici » 14 Jun 2011, 10:15

I didn't know a thing about anal fissures when was lucky enough to find my way here. I still don't know if I have one as the CRS didn't find it, but I do know that I have spasms andstill have trouble going to the loo, no matter what I do. So frustrating. I have a'ways had constipation, but tried to eat goodfibre, always drank water, and could EAT WHAT I LIKED. That is what I miss the most. Having to eat like a sparrow to stop the pain of the BM the next day. And still being in pain no matter what I do. First day of Valium today. Hope it makes a difference.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2011, 11:34

Hey Savaici,
I know what ya mean. All the sacrifices with the food and still pain. I remember at one point with my fissure thinking I should just eat whatever I wanted cause nothing was getting any better anyway, but the fear of it getting worse kept me on the diet Image
Please let us know how the valium is working for you. I was amazed with how it stopped my spasms after surgery. It was freakin Awesome!!! I am hoping you get the same results!!!

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2011, 11:36

posted twice