Itching like crazy!!!!!!Please help!!!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching like crazy!!!!!!Please help!!!!!

Postby bigbabyboy » 11 Jul 2011, 23:51

I have had a fissure for about 7 months since I gave birth to my son. I had botox a month ago. I have good days and bad days but please please please tell me what I can do about itching. It's unbearable!!! It only comes on at night when I'm trying to sleep. It's not something I can ignore and sadly I usually end up scrubbing my behind with a wet facecloth and then scrubbing it dry. I know this can't be good for my fissure or the skin around it because I'm causing damage, but it seems to be the only way to get mild relief. I'm going to make an appointment with my CRS. Is there anything that I can use to help wth the itch? I never had this problem before botox.
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Itching like crazy!!!!!!Please help!!!!!

Postby Bernie » 12 Jul 2011, 02:14

Hello BBB,
I also got my first fissure from giving birth to my first child. I eventually had botox. I'm now 10.5months into my second fissure - after giving birth to my second child! Fortunately it is managed now (not healed, but I'm not in agony), as i wait to see the CRS again. (I can't afford to go private, so have to wait for the good old NHS.)
I never had this problem when I had botox (or if I did, I don't remember now). Have you tried any nappy rash creams (sudacrem, for example)? TBH I've no idea what they are like for a fissure, but I would've thought they would calm the area a bit, and maybe relieve the itching.
I hope someone will come along soon with something that works.
Bernie
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Soreguy » 13 Jul 2011, 08:03

BBB,
I spoke to my CRS about this a while ago and he said it is due to moisture and wrote down on a piece of paper to get Zinc Oxide powder from a chemist, it doesn't need a prescription.
Soreguy
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby RedCharger » 13 Jul 2011, 08:24

I used corn startch when I was itchy.....seemed to help.
I dabbed a square guaze pad in a small bowl of corn startch and put it between my cheeks against my rectum.
RedCharger
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2011, 09:12

I noticed the itchie's were worse when there was moisture there too. Not sure what ointments, etc will help, though. I always rinsed it with the shower wand, blow dried and tried to let it air especially at night when you can get away with no underwear.

Postby parklife » 16 Jul 2011, 05:39

I too think that the problem is caused by moisture. I find that if I shower immediately after passing stool, the warm water really helps to relax and numb the area. Pat dry with a towel afterwards (I've not yet tried the hair dryer approach since I don't own one).
I find that most creams tend to cause more itchiness, especially if I apply too much at once. Savlon seems to work quite well for me, but I sometimes bung a couple of painkillers as well. Sudocrem, which I used to revere, has let me down, causing itchiness far worse than not using anything.
parklife