Fiber Recommendation: Fleet Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fiber Recommendation: Fleet Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies

Postby InPain » 29 Oct 2011, 13:43

I just wanted to make a fiber recommendation to everyone since I haven't seen it mentioned. I have struggled with constipation my whole life, and tried probably every fiber product known to man. My previous favorite product was Fiber Choice tablets (they have 2g fiber per chewable tablet, which is great), but after having success with them for a few years, I started to get sick off the taste -- almost nauseated, really. That's when I discovered Fleet Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies. Like fiber choice, they are 2g soluble fiber per gummy, but they taste fantastic (and are sugar-free!) They are actually made for kids, but they are perfectly fine for adults (except we obviously need to take more). I highly recommend them.
The best prices I've found for them are at Swanson Vitamins (sign up for their mailing list and they have coupons almost every month) or Amazon.com.
In terms of dosage, it is obviously very case-specific so I hesitate to even mention my own. Before reinjuring my AF, I was taking 12 gummies a day, but please note that I need a lot because I am on medication that causes constipation. After the AF, I upped my dose to 14 gummies/day and plenty of water, which has kept my stools soft and easy (which is why I can't understand why the stupid AF won't heal, but that's another thread!). As I mentioned, I am on medication that causes constipation, so you obviously should start at a low dose and work up to one that is good for you. Otherwise, you could cause gas, diarrhea, and other unpleasantness.
InPain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fiber Recommendation: Fleet Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies

Postby katetornado » 29 Oct 2011, 14:07

how much is the purchase price? Image
katetornado
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fiber Recommendation: Fleet Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies

Postby InPain » 06 Nov 2011, 14:35

Swanson sells them for $6.59, and each bottle has 60 gummies. But Swanson routinely has 10% off + free shipping coupons, so I never buy it without a coupon. I love the product so much that I've never done a serious price comparison, but just doing a back of the envelope calculation against Benefiber and Fiber Choice shows that it is an equal or better value to those two.
InPain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5