anal papillae

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anal papillae

Postby yssa » 30 Nov 2011, 05:45

Can anyone share their experience with the bothersome anal papillae in anal fissure? Mine sometimes prolapse when i have my BM. It's really annoying and irritating especially the stinging pain Image
yssa

Topics: 2

Re: anal papillae

Postby Sue1962 » 30 Nov 2011, 07:19

I can relate!! I have a skin tag that drives me crazy!! It hurts worse than my AF. Feels, like it has been beat up at times, and yes the burning and stinging is horrific, I am having mine removed when I have surgery, even after soaking it still burns and creams/oints make it worse. Advil has been my lifesaver!!! I can't wait to be on the other side of all of this.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 30 Nov 2011, 08:36

Hi yssa,
I had one too. It was horrible and would cover the whole area. Just disgusting and painful!
I had mine removed when I had my LIS over a year ago.

Postby Quiggles » 30 Nov 2011, 12:18

why is there so much burning? Does anyone else just get burning even when not having a bm?
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby yssa » 01 Dec 2011, 03:14

thank's everyone for the reply, it really helps to know that i'm not the only one who has experienced it. and quiggles, yes sometimes I also feel a burning sensation inside my rectum after a BM. Sometimes I also obstipate because of the anal papillae Image
yssa

Topics: 2

Postby alpinestrawberry » 01 Dec 2011, 07:28

Burn, burn, burn all day long...once I got to the chronic stage that was my most annoying symptom (although the blood was the most horrifying, in my mind). I think the burning is how some of us experience the spasms. The spasms only rarely felt like a true muscle cramp for me. Mostly it just burned. I don't burn anymore since I had the surgery. Although since last night's dinner contained jalapenos, I'm having a bit of a flashback.
I had wondered about papillae too because when I applied the ointment I could feel a rough area inside by where the fissure was on the outside. It wasn't like a skintag, because it was inside. It felt sort of lumpy and wiry. The good news is, it's gone away since I had the surgery.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2011, 07:38

The burning was the worst for me which started straight after the first BM and lingered all day and night, I still get burning on a bad day but not as much as before LIS.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby dwarfs8 » 01 Dec 2011, 19:33

hi guys, just a question. Since there's so much nerves down there, and pain seems to radiates everywhere in that tiny hole. Just how do you know the pain is coming from the tag and not the fissure?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 01 Dec 2011, 20:41

Good question Dwarfs, I thought mine was coming from my tag, as you know I saw the CRS today and he said my fissure is very deep, down to the muscle and it does run into my tag, but my tag is so small, he feels it will shrink after surgery and not bother me at all. So I guess with all the nerves there It is hard to tell where the pain is coming from.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36