SELF-DILATION

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: self dilation

Postby woundedspirit » 08 Sep 2014, 23:25

Sav . . . Thanks for mentioning the information on self dilation, that is a great thread. I am really interested in reading the rest of it ( it is long and I am falling asleep) tomorrow. From what I have read and if I understood it correctly, some of the people had both an active fissure and some stenosis/scar tissue when they started self dilating? I am thinking this would be a great thing for me to try and might possibly save me from having to have flap surgery. What kind of lubricant do you think is the best?
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Savaici » 10 Sep 2014, 09:20

My suggestion, Sandman: 

First, don't be afraid :)  :smilyhug:   :smilyhug:  
Second, use pediatric dilators and start with the very smallest for short periods of time. Build up the time you leave it in gradually.
Third, used Sliquid Organics Natural Gel or Soothe as lubricants. Both are excellent.
Fourth: warm the dilators under running water and just relax when you use them. For me the best position was on all fours, head to the ground. Lying on side is more usual.

Dilators: Just get the ones you need. I started with 8mm and went up to 15mm eventually.
http://www.dmesupplygroup.com/uapad19.h ... 7AodiEwAzQ

Sliquid for anal use: http://sliquid.com/full-width/sliquid-o ... tural-gel/

Soothe: http://www.intimateorganics.com/store/p ... 2F2oz.html

I used both of these lubricants and they are excellent in my opinion. I tried KY, and that I hated. Never used Vaseline, as per doctor's advice.

Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 10 Sep 2014, 10:05

Hi there woundedspirit:

I used the dilators when my AF was agony. It did not immediately help, but gradually relieved the pressure and the terrible spasms. I also had stenosis/still have

Both the lubricants above are excellent. Don't try and start with a large dilator; best with the small and build up.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Artvandelay » 10 Sep 2014, 14:35

I also have used this process successfully. The only problem is that over time I feel better forget about my condition, I get constipated and tight and re-tear. That is the stage I am at now so I will have to start again. I can say though 6 months or more with a healed fissure!
Artvandelay
Fibre Addict

Postby woundedspirit » 11 Sep 2014, 08:55

That is great to hear your fissure is healed Artvandelay! Your input is appreciated.
Sav-it's on my list to get these things ordered. Thank you!
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby sandman » 16 Sep 2014, 23:06

Thanks Sav- how are you doing with fissure now? I will try it
sandman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Savaici » 17 Sep 2014, 13:02

Hi Sandman - I do not have painful spasms now, but I do have IBS and spend quite a lot of time in the loo!

However, not having the spasms is 100% improvement, in my opinion.

Do try to do AD, but start small. And use the suggested lubricants on here, nothing hard on your bum!! Good luck. It does help, just takes time and patience. use a Sitz Bath too. Has been a treasure for me...so to speak. (Never thought the day would come that I would think of soaking my bum in warm water as a "treasure".) :groan:
Savaici
Administrator

Postby sandman » 18 Sep 2014, 08:40

Hi Sav.. I have read many articles that AD works great for rectal diseases.
I am just wondering how long does anal fissure takes to heal? I hope its not many years. I miss eating out with my family.. I am thinking of seeing dr. Cranford soon at sandys clinic.. My level is high as an attack on my bum. It last for maybe 5 -10 mins but its very very painful.. I will share some self help articles soon.
sandman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Such a mistake...

Postby Fissurefrustration » 07 Nov 2014, 15:11

I attempted this 2 hours ago and prepared everything as listed and took it VERY slowly... now I'm doubled over feeling like my rear end is passing double edged knifes with a side of splintered wood & glass... What have I done!?!?!? :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2014, 20:04

You must never go further than your body tells you you should. Just a couple of seconds at first if necessary, and not far in. I used only 9mm to start and made sure I used lots of the lubricant. Sometimes I only did a cm in. Whatever I felt my body could take. It does hurt at first. Think of Suzyljank doing it after flap surgery. Just go very slowly. I did it for nearly a year, so take your time. hope you got the organic lubricants and slathered it on. For me, the best way to do it was not on my side as they do in the doctor's office, but on my knees, head to the floor. Sounds so elegant! But, it worked for me. Never do it if you are not relaxed either. SLOW!!!!!
Savaici
Administrator