pain control for anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

pain control for anal fissure

Postby electric jaws » 17 Feb 2012, 02:27

so tues yet again i went to see my new g.p about my fissure,he is going to send me to see a procologist(a c.r.s) if you aren't in the u.k! and he prescribed me patches containing a low dose of buprenorphine ,i rang him yesterday and was worried as the there are lots of very common side effects one being constipation,and he didn't want me to have constipation(hello! neither do i!) but he said give them a try ,see how i go,however this morning because of the name i thought norphine sounded like morphinee so i checked and they are related and i had severe reaction as in ending up in hosp last time i was on morphine ,although at a higher dose (he should 've checked that really i think,) i haven't put a patch on yet,but if i ring him again so soon he is going to think i'm mad,or paranoid i,ve seen him so much lately and have had reactions to some of the creams prescribed so does anyone think it is best just to put up with the searing pain,i do appreciate any feedback,(i do sitz baths and also i lie down at intervals with warmth to the area(i'd rather try something natural than bunging chemicals in the old system) any ideas?
electric jaws
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: pain control for anal fissure

Postby workingonit » 17 Feb 2012, 18:00

You should just ring him up. It's his job and you don't need to feel bad about making him do his job! :)
See if he can give you a different kind of pain patch?
Or if he thinks it's different enough from the morphine to not bother you.
Can pain killers give you constipation if they are in patch form? I thought that was just if you ingested it...
Worth asking though.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34