Sentinel pile or skin tag ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sentinel pile or skin tag ?

Postby Tuberose » 13 Mar 2012, 22:13

hi all, I'm new here. I have had anal fissures on and off for years. It all started when I used to take codeine for my back pain and that made me constipated. The fissures tear and heal quickly but every bowel movement is fearful for me. When I'm scared I tend to have many bowel movements during the day and the constant wiping makes my anus sore and itchy. I've noticed a small skin tag or flap at the far end of the anal rim. I'm sure it's been there a while. When I last saw my gastroenterologist he said there's some scar tissue but most people have it anyway. I'm not sure if he meant that tag I noticed. Anyway, I'm worried even more now as I've been itching a lot and saw my GP she said u have candida. I took a very good photo of my anal area using a professional camera. I'm not sure if we can post pics and get others opinions? If so, please let me show you what I'm talking about. Would like any feedback ...thanks. Ps the tag is at the end of the anus towards my back and not between the anus and vagina.
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Sentinel pile or skin tag ?

Postby workingonit » 14 Mar 2012, 09:14

If you have candida, you would most likely have other symptoms as well.
Is there any white bits clinging to the back or sides of your mouth? That would indicate oral thrush.
When I had oral thrush I also got a rash around the rim of my anus. It was very red and only around the edge of the opening. I used the same cream as I use for vaginal yeast infections and it went away in 2 days.
Other symptoms of candida are acne, frequent yeast infections. Don't get freaked out by the stuff you read online about candida. It's become something people will say you have they can't find anything else wrong with you. You have to have definite obvious symptoms, not just being tired etc.
If you do have candida, you can cut back on sugar and wheat products (at least only eat the whole grains).
What did your GP say to do?
I have a sentinel and I had another one a couple years ago. I had a skin tag too from an external hemorrhoid that I got giving birth. After the hemmie goes away, it left behind a loose flap of skin. That's a skin tag.
A sentinel is more turgid. It occurs at the base of an active fissure that has been around a while. Your body's way of protecting the damaged skin.
I would stop wiping with toilet paper. Or (what I do) wet the toilet paper so it is more like a wash cloth.
You can use wet wipes (ones without added alcohol), or get a peri bottle and squirt water then dab with toilet paper.
hope this helps!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Tuberose » 14 Mar 2012, 14:11

Hi Tanya thanks for your reply. The dr checked inside the vagina and said you have thrush, she also ordered a swab test to confirm it. Ive been eating a lot of sugary stuff and under stress lately amd I went to an indoor swimming pool a few times so I'm guessing all those played a part. She also ordered a diabetes test to check if I'm diabetic, I haven't done that yet as I'm also getting some hormone tests done with it but have to wait till the fifth day of my next period. I use plain white facial tissues and wet them with water to wipe. I also have a bidet in the bathroom and use that when it's a bit messy. I find toilet paper disintegrates easily and leaves annoying bits lol as for the sentinel, I'm not quite sure what this thing is now, it could well be just part of the anatomy as it's not that close to the anus opening and it's not exactly on the verge ,,,just a small raised ridge on the lower end towards my back. I think we are all different down there ..I'm sure if I checked othe parts they'd look abnormal compared to other women too lol
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby workingonit » 14 Mar 2012, 15:49

Hey tuberose,
When you cure the candida, you may fidn that clears up the fissure too. I've read of a couple ladies who cured their fissures with fungal cream.
Coconut oil is very antifungal.
hope you feel better soon!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34