Hypertrophy of the anal papilla

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hypertrophy of the anal papilla

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 10:10

Ok, so this seems to be something not discussed much here.
Problably because none of us like sticking our fingers in up that far. It is sore enough just get the cream where it counts!
So for a while I've been noticing a kind of pricking feeling, like a poke or something. I knew it had to do with the fissure, but it wasn't a painful feeling or even sore. Just annoying and uncomfortable. It happens mainly before and just after a BM.
I think it is, drum rolllll...... "Hypertrophy of the anal papilla". quite a mouthful!
I put my little finger right up there and could feel it this morning. A wobbly bit of tissue sticking up the opposite of the way the sentinel sticks down.
Does anyone else have this, get this sensation?
I am hoping that after the fissure is fully healed (and I think I am getting close! touch wood and whistle), the tissues will subside. The hypertrophied whatever and the sentinel. I can live with the sentinel, but the other would be a real drag and might be a cause to bring the AF back in the future.
Any ideas?
I will definitely ask my original CRS (dr. Pezim) on the 29th when I see him. I did ask the second CRS (dr. Phang), but he said he didn't see anything. But he didn't look up that far. He just kinda spread my anus a bit, but didn't scope.
-sigh-
I will call the NATCM clinic today too and set up a consultation with them.
They are expensive, but maybe I need to pay $ to get a doctor to pay attention and actually give me the time of day?
Thanks for listening!! I don't know what I'd do without you guys and my mother!
-Tanya
p.s on the bright side I am definitely healing and my iron levels feel much better. I feel like a new woman. No more waking up like I am buried in sand!
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: Hypertrophy of the anal papilla

Postby Baba » 15 Mar 2012, 10:30

I'm glad to hear you're almost healed! :D
I get weird sensations down there sometimes, but I've never heard of anal papilla - will have to do some searching on that!
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 10:32

Baba,
I can't find much on it honestly, but it does make sense that if a sentinel developes at one end, then there would be one at the other. Maybe it is just a hemmie.
I guess I won't know til a doc looks at it.
Most days it doesn't bother me. Maybe I notice it more now that the fissure isn't hurting as much??
silly.
Hope the dilating helps it too!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 10:37

found this too, but it is an offshoot of the original article;
http://www.bmj.sk/2005/10601-04.pdf
-Tanya
well anyways, on with the day...
workingonit
VIP

Postby Baba » 15 Mar 2012, 10:49

I just found this with a picture of papillae and such.
It says cryptitis can cause fissures - "Cryptic infection often causes the dissolution of the roof of the crypt, resulting in anal fissure."
The cryptitus can be brought on by pH balance of the rectum
Interesting stuff I never heard of before.
http://www.hemorrhoid.net/cryptitis.php
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 11:33

Thanks Baba,
I don't feel sore or inflamed there, so I don't think I need to worry. Just a bit 'uncomfortable' from time to time, with the odd pokey feeling. The pokey feelings, when I get them, precede a BM or come just after.
I just want to know what's going on and if I should worry and if it's something I will just need to live with.
I mean is that too much to ask? stupid doctors.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 12:11

I'm going to post a couple more links I found on it for anyone else wondering if they have this too.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/bowel-disorders/646323-has-anyone-had-hypertrophical-anal-papilla-removed.html
I don't want to have it cut off cause that didn't help when I had the sentinel at the lower end cut off. I often wonder if it is why my current fissure is so slow to heal Because of the scar tissue left behind from the first sentinel being removed.
Hope the dilating will increase good blood flow to the area and both ends of the fissure will shrink to nothing. I guess only time will tell ; )
it always seems to come down to patience. Not my best virtue! :D
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby tiredofpain » 15 Mar 2012, 16:14

I have skin tag and possibly the papilla also! So how was the recovery for the first sentinal removal ? Did u also have a fissure for the sentinel?
tiredofpain
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 16:27

You know tp,
i was so ignorant when i had the first one removed. I thought a sentinel was a type of hemorrhoid. I suppose i did have a fissure before i had it cut off. I rmember being pretty uncomfortable for a couple months thinking it was hemorrhoids. Stupid doctor didn't explain much.
It was sore and swollen after it was removed. But was healed over by the 10th day. Still tender to wipe for several months though. Then it came back again anyways.
it was a quick in office procedure with a local anestheic. The needle to anethisize for the bigger needle hurt the most, which wasn't too bad.
it left scar tissue, which i think has made my current fissure hard the heal.
if i were to get rid of this one or the hyper thing at the other end, i would go to this chinese medicine clinic near me, that makes them shrivel up with herbs.
i plan to call them tomorrow to see what they say.
Sorry you have them too tp.
But i do wonder if time and dilation won't help with those a lot too.
wish i knew more...
tanya
workingonit
VIP