internal skin tag (papilla)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

internal skin tag (papilla)

Postby restoremybody » 21 May 2012, 21:19

Is there a way to shrink an internal skin tag (papilla)? Do they eventually stop bothering you? Mine is small but possibly the cause of my discomfort.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: internal skin tag (papilla)

Postby sweetcheeks » 23 May 2012, 16:51

Mine is definitely smaller but still a major cause of discomfort too.
sweetcheeks
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby happyass » 23 May 2012, 18:12

mine grew. it started off as a baby and then well, over 2 years, it just grew and caused me all sorts of pain, irritation, and worry.
along with my LIS, it was taken off.
it was the last thing to heal but there was actually no pain with it being removed. i was so amazed.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby restoremybody » 20 Jul 2012, 07:21

Are your little tags inside or outside? Mine are two tiny ones inside but i think they are being irritated every time I have BM that is not like pudding. Can they be removed or is that a bad idea? Will they shrink or toughin up over time?
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby bes » 31 Aug 2012, 17:30

Hello:
I've been dealing with anal fissures and papillae for the past year. Not sure what to do anymore. I have 3 or 4 of them inside. They are not too big but i can feel them every time i apply the Nitro cream - and this is really annoying. My doctor said that it is better not to remove the papillae since the removal could lead to more problems down there. She is telling me that papillae are normal body strictures.
A few weeks ago I had botox injection and was hopping that the fissure will finally heal, however, I do feel better, I still feel burning and sometimes spasms in the anal sphincter.
How many papillae do you guys have? Were they diagnosed by your doctor just looking at them via anoscope or did your doctor do biopsies? I feel like I want to ask my doc for biopsy just to make sure they are indeed papillae and nothing else.
Please let me know. Thanks!
bes

Topics: 1

Postby richibeno » 17 Sep 2012, 15:40

hi guys ,how you doing
i had botox and polyp removal 7 days ago,think a polyp is the same as a papilla (correct if wrong),saw my crs for pain fissure and he saw the polyp so when i had my op he took it out ,i think he said mine was inside the inner sphincter ,im still in pain ,and after a bm feels like burning ,and throbbing ,so i hope the botox kicks in soon

how are you feeling after your botox bes
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby bes » 17 Sep 2012, 16:37

Hi richibeno.
I am not 100% sure but I think that papillae and fibrous polyps are slightly different things. However, I think, that both are non-cancerous but could cause symptoms and in that case could be removed. My doctor does not want remove mine for some reason. She says that my papillae are completely normal and should not cause problems unless they become really big and protrude through the anus.
Botox, for me kicked in about 2 weeks after the injection. I stopped having spasms, however, I still have burning after bowel movements every once in a while. Apparently, it takes a while for the fissure to completely heal even after botox. Ultimately, botox should help you a lot... but sometimes you might need more than one injection - really depends on how your body reacts to it. Botox is still a far better choice than jumping straight into surgery.
I hope you get better soon!
bes

Topics: 1