Suggestions on private CRS in UK (London especially)?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Suggestions on private CRS in UK (London especially)?

Postby NeverEnds » 11 Sep 2012, 03:35

Hi,
I'm in need of some advice/good leads on good private CRS's in the UK (ideally London).
I have what I think *could be* an anal abscess and I'm looking for a good private CRS that can diagnose this asap before I get into real trouble.
I'm looking to go private because I can't see an NHS CRS sooner than Jan 2013!
Ultra brief history: Had chronic fissure in past, used diltiazem cream which actually worked, but my NHS CRS felt there could be a superficial fistula. Had surgery for said small/superficial fistula a year ago. Surgery seemed to go okay although my recovery was slow and I'm still very careful of my diet, still take baths and like lots of people on here, I'm basically not lucky with that part of my body.
About 3 weeks ago I felt 'a lump'. Though it could be inflammed vein/gland, maybe a pile (though I really don't think so) and now freaking out it could be an abscess. I really, really cannot overstate how depressed I'll be if it is, because it'll probably be followed by surgery, then a new fistula. I've basically had a year of hell already.
So any suggestions on private CRS's in the UK is really welcome. I've booked to see my GP soon, but that'll be pointless as he can only refer me to another CRS and it'll be another 4/5 months waiting, hence I want an expert to help diagnose now!
Big thanks to this place as always,
M
NeverEnds
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Suggestions on private CRS in UK (London especially)?

Postby Savaici » 11 Sep 2012, 07:28

Hi there,
You might want to look at this post from Davo, now healed and moved on. He saw a fantastic CRS in London. I think this is in reply to your question in April :D
http://anal-fissure.org/t4685-good-private-crs-in-the-uk-london?highlight=crs+london
Sounds like one of the best there is, to me!
Good luck!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby NeverEnds » 11 Sep 2012, 08:01

Hi,
yep I actually booked with that CRS after looking over that old post!
Hoping the consultation will be a relief rather than confirmation of a problem.
I don't know much about abscess's. Some of the things I read say the pain will get continually worse, which makes me think i have something different. Then I read something else where people have gone on for months thinking it's nothing, then it's got bad.
I hate having problems in this area, it just never ends :-(
M
NeverEnds
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Sep 2012, 10:18

M,
Sorry to hear of your issues and I'm not able to recommend a CRS in London as I'm receiving treatment on the NHS in the Midlands, which at least, doesn't seem to have the wait that you have been advised. That is ridiculous!!!
Interestingly, your history echoes mine with the chronic fissure relieved by the Dilitiazem and then shortly after surgery for a superficial fistula. 2.5 months on and I have a similar issue with a lumpy patch and soreness, itching, discomfort attached and not happy either Image
Desperate to get it all over too. From my previous fistula experience, which started with an abscess, this all seems really different, so I'm not sure whether this is the case or a troublesome pile too. I'm so confused as the symptoms are so different from any other issue I've had.
It's nowhere as near as painful as the fissure, no pussing etc. but there's something there! I'm currently awaiting an EUA follow-up to check it all out.
How long was your recovery from the fistula op? Did you heal OK?
Pls update because really curious to hear more of your experience and hoping you get in with a CRS very soon to get your bottom sorted again. Aagh....horrid stuff!!
Take care :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 11 Sep 2012, 10:35

It is such a worry, all the hoops, so to speak, that we have to jump through. Never spent a moment thinking about my arse before early last year, and surely did not expect to have to spend money on it. Now it's worry about every change, etc., etc. Still, with no other option, am going with dilation and hoping for the best.
Good luck seeing this CRS. He sounds fantastic!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Lauren12 » 21 Sep 2012, 08:18

Hi, just spotted your post. I've messaged you privately with a recommendation. The surgeon I saw was absolutely brilliant, fixed me after two and a half years of pain and having seen two other surgeons previously. He really knows his stuff - and practices in London.
All the best.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 02 Oct 2012, 07:00

hi lauren could you sent me the name of the great crs you saw please
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28