Aloe Vera Oil? Vitamin E Oil? Coconut Oil? Olive Oil?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Aloe Vera Oil? Vitamin E Oil? Coconut Oil? Olive Oil?

Postby marg6043 » 26 Mar 2013, 07:15

My partner is grossed out by this whole AF thing so he doesn't want to take a picture. I really want to see what my fissure looks like so I have an idea how big it is. I "think" my fissure is just outside... so applying oil outside should be good enough?

My husband also, he didn't want to take a picture of the area when my fissure was fresh, I want to see how it looked, after a lot of "coercion" finally did, I blew up the picture in the computer, it was not pretty. :D
Now, as for the creams and oils, I have to say that I am very sensitive to anything in my private areas but the Carlson so far is very soothing and helps me a lot, I don't know if they are a healing solution but they keep my bum area soft and with minimal irritation.
Now I also use on and off desitin baby cream to protect when I have an episode of diarrhea.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Vin » 26 Mar 2013, 08:18

My wife has been very supportive so I consider myself lucky. I jokingly remind her that she took the vow so she is required to take a picture. That said I try to limit the strange requests and suggest if you have a smart phone you can just squat and photograph your bum yourself. Just make sure you don't accidentally upload it to Facebook. :oops:
Vin
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby muzgut22 » 26 Mar 2013, 10:54

Everyone thanks so much for your comments. I am feeling very frustrated today as I feel like I start healing and then one minor thing sets me back. I even went a whole month with no pain and was starting to think I was healed. It is so disappointing to go back. I am starting over from scratch with everything and next time I am pain free I will set a goal of making it pain free for 2 months.
I was wondering what brands you all have tried with these items and where you purchased them? I also tried Calmol 4 suppositories (I have another post about those). Although I think I prefer the coconut oil, it is very very messy and at least I can carry the calmol 4 in a bag and discretely use at work.
Any other feed back is greatly appreciated.
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5