Aloe Vera Oil? Vitamin E Oil? Coconut Oil? Olive Oil?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Aloe Vera Oil? Vitamin E Oil? Coconut Oil? Olive Oil?

Postby muzgut22 » 30 Nov 2012, 12:27

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to this. I am a 25 year old female and I have been dealing with a fissure for about a month now. I think I have had minor fissures in the past that I basically ignored and healed on their own. But this time my body is not healing up at all. I have made modifications to my diet and went to see a colorectal surgeon. He prescribed Rectiv and told me to be patient. If only it were that easy right? I feel like it is getting worse.
I've been looking around past posts related to using coconut, vitamin e and aloe vera oil but I am not sure if anyone has had any success in healing with these or if they just help make bowel movements easier. For any of you that have tried these could you please share your experiences? What exactly did you use, how often, how did you apply? how much, etc. Also, has anyone taken pure olive oil orally? If so what have been your results? I know my fissure won't heal if every bowel movement keeps irritating them which even very soft stools seem to do.
Thanks for your responses.
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Aloe Vera Oil? Vitamin E Oil? Coconut Oil? Olive Oil?

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2012, 19:48

Welcome! I use organic olive oil every day. Just put two tablespoons in my food. Seems to help.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby 3 years now » 03 Dec 2012, 09:36

I take 2 tbsps of extra virgin coconut oil on an empty stomach - every other day in the morning. i also apply it externally down there after every b.m.
This has helped me more than anything else I have tried. My fissure is not healed, but it is so much better and it is manageable. I am not sure it will ever go away completely. I have been battling this for 4 years now.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby BellaAyla » 04 Dec 2012, 00:43

I tried every cream and ointment on the market and have to agree with poster above the regular (after every P and Poo) cleansing (for me babywipes and/or sitz baths) followed by coconut oil applied to my entire bottom (anus, perineum, etc) was the best relief I experienced. Sitz or regular baths too. It's an exhausting process but well worth the time and trouble.
BellaAyla
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby BellaAyla » 04 Dec 2012, 00:48

Don't forget psyllium or Metamucil to help! Whether constipation or diarrhea is your problem,both will help balance the stool with the proper amount of bulking to create an easy BM. I have chronic diarrhea (IBS) and when I use psyllium, my frequent/loose BMs disappear and are replaced by normal. Psyllium and Metamucil aren't fun to drink but they do a great job of helping.
BellaAyla
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby muzgut22 » 04 Dec 2012, 13:05

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I actually went crazy over the last week and bought aloe vera oil, vitamin e oil and vaseline. I tried applying all 3 before bowel movements to protect the fissure and I think by far vaseline works best as a protectant. The aloe vera seems more soothing after a BM and the vitamin e oil stung a little so I stopped after the first try.
The only one I haven't tried is coconut oil and it seems to be the most popular one. Maybe I will give it a try. Although I've spent a lot of money on these at least I can use them as moisturizers right? Lol.
BellaAyla, I had been using Metamucil, however I had a retear and when I went to my CRS he told me to stop using it. He said that it was making me go to often causing unnecesarry trauma to the area. He also said he prefers soluble fiber. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I'm giving it a try and if it doesn't work out I will go back to it. Thanks for the suggestion :)
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Postby Reptaronice » 04 Dec 2012, 15:46

I mentioned in a previous post about Olive oil and Aloe Vera enema. I am now healed 4 weeks plus after using a enema every other day for 1 week along with retention enema of Aloe Vera and vitamin E with 1 MSM capsule mixed in. I also did the 1st week with Dilation daily.
I have had a chronic fissure for over 3 years and this has healed it so far. I have become tight down there again and should probably start dilating so I do not tear. Now, I am only using a warm water enema if I feel constipated. :)
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 14 Mar 2013, 20:53

I want to add to this that I've been taking aloe sitz baths (I put in about a half a cup), and so far they've been the best sitz baths ever. I've been using Lily of the Desert brand, which is safe to drink, but taste so repulsive that I thought it wouldn't hurt to put in sitz baths instead. The area always feels moist afterward and not dried out at all.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 21:11

Aloe in tub is a good idea! Thankyou
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby minky999 » 14 Mar 2013, 21:38

Hey there- i started applying coconut oil with a bit of tumeric today- i applied twice and i am deeply amazed by the results- my skin tag drastically shrunk and the pain is manageable-
I also applied a mixture of coconut oil, tumeric and desintin( high zinc cream)- i will keep on using- hopefully will improve my situation further:) good luck!
minky999
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4