Healing or better pain management?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing or better pain management?

Postby StayingPositive » 23 Dec 2012, 09:20

Hi Folks,
I have a question for all of you have been through this more than I: how do I know if there's any healing going on? I had a serious "Ouchie!" attack about 2 weeks ago. Since then I totally changed my regimen: I'm living on fibre (3x metamucil and high-fibre foods) and stool softeners (4 Colace a day), I'm using a Lidocaine / Nifed cream, and I'm playing with pain meds (mostly Tylenol and Advil). There's still a lot of pain when I have a BM, and a LOT of blood (the bowl is red with blood), but it seems like the pain isn't quite so bad as it was a few days ago.
So, am I getting my routine figured out, or am I actually starting to get better? How would I know? I can't find anything on-line that would give me any guidance.
What does it feel like to actually heal?
Thanks for any help.
Cheers.
StayingPositive

Topics: 2

Re: Healing or better pain management?

Postby marg6043 » 28 Dec 2012, 10:10

I wish that I could answer your question, like you I been dealing with pain, med for it and not relief for months but I can tell that either we get acclimatized with the pain and discomfort or perhaps the things we do to cope with the problem make things better.
I am in that face now, I can pretty much tell that I am not healing but I can live with the discomfort as long as is in a level I can manage.
I am not longer using the nitro as it started to cause a rash and itching, but having a strict routine of pre and after BMs procedure it sure makes the rest of the day a lot easier to deal with.
So I guess the only way to know that you are fissure free is time and how long things get back to normal before you even remember that once you have a problem.
I sincerely hope that you are finally healing.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8