Fissure for 6 months, 2 years later still healed and how.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure for 6 months, 2 years later still healed and how.

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 13 Mar 2013, 11:29

delasama -- you're probably right about it keeping in moisture, I didn't think of that. I wouldn't think that Vaseline would be good either, except as lubricant, but I'd prefer to use a natural oil (I added vitamin e to my coconut oil today).
I'm starting to think that maybe the thing is really to keep a strict routine once you find things that seem to be working. If you keep changing it drastically every time someone suggests something new, then you won't know what's really working or if what you were doing previously may have worked better.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:49

I was trying everything on here when I first found this forum. I was massaging my butt while putting coconut oil in it while laying in a bath tub full of herbs lol....I found that you can try lots of things at once for a while as long as they are foods and stuff. I know everybody is different, but the things that helped me were really simple and they are common sense if your a crs lol. Miralax capful in morning and again at night, soft foods, NO red meats,pasta,gluten,white rice..., squatting to poop, washing in shower instead of toilet paper, wet toilet paper if you can't shower, don't dry butt with towel after shower (dab with soft Kleenex tissue then air dry with hair drier or bend over on bed with a fan aimed at your butt. I have had this routine for over a month now and my fissure feels pretty good even when I poop. It just hurts a little after bm for a while and hurts a little to sit a lot.(no big spasms anymore). My fissure is definitely still annoying and I don't want to try to go back to work yet, but if I have as much progress in the next month as I did last month then i shouldn't even notice that its there in a month! I didn't even get a cream from my crs. Hopefully I won't need a cream.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 14 Mar 2013, 14:24

delasama wrote:I was trying everything on here when I first found this forum. I was massaging my butt while putting coconut oil in it while laying in a bath tub full of herbs lol....I found that you can try lots of things at once for a while as long as they are foods and stuff. I know everybody is different, but the things that helped me were really simple and they are common sense if your a crs lol. Miralax capful in morning and again at night, soft foods, NO red meats,pasta,gluten,white rice..., squatting to poop, washing in shower instead of toilet paper, wet toilet paper if you can't shower, don't dry butt with towel after shower (dab with soft Kleenex tissue then air dry with hair drier or bend over on bed with a fan aimed at your butt. I have had this routine for over a month now and my fissure feels pretty good even when I poop. It just hurts a little after bm for a while and hurts a little to sit a lot.(no big spasms anymore). My fissure is definitely still annoying and I don't want to try to go back to work yet, but if I have as much progress in the next month as I did last month then i shouldn't even notice that its there in a month! I didn't even get a cream from my crs. Hopefully I won't need a cream.

I so agree with your assessment, like you I traveled a great deal within this forum trying my best to find the right combo to help....a lot of us have come a long way since the early days of endurance...I for one, have traveled a long road to the point I'm at now and I get on my knees every single day and thank God my journey has finally found a little resolution. I will never ever go back to eating hard foods, I will always keep in mind, fiber fiber and more fiber and lots of water with my MM and of course the cream. I'm almost half way finished with it and its been a God send....my spasm have all but disappeared. Sitting down is no longer a hinderence. Just stay with what makes your bum feel better and never look back. Good luck to everyone here.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby mk87 » 18 Jun 2013, 09:37

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:What cream is this exactly? That's interesting that it healed dry. I always thought it needed to stay moist to heal, but maybe you're onto something if it worked. I wish I knew how deep mine was; my GP didn't tell me.

Well i read somewhere that with wounds on your body, they should stay moist so that it won't heal with a scar i believe. something to do with wounds healing without a crust means no scar or something.
But I had my fissure for a long time, it wasn't going to heal proper anyway. I am now left with a small scar on the inside, I can feel it while going to the bathroom while having my BM. But it doesn't hurt. just moves around a bit with BM.
Last edited by mk87 on 18 Jun 2013, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby mk87 » 18 Jun 2013, 09:40

delasama wrote:Interesting that mk87 healed with gauze. I was reading that link coconut just posted about dry wound healing. Maybe the gauze wicked in moisture and actually kept the fissure moist? Also the article about Vaseline and how it keeps bacteria out of wound. I would think using Vaseline on a fissure would just keep the bacteria on the fissure since its always dirty down there.. I guess it's sort of a trial and error thing, but I just worry that Vaseline will hinder the healing and that a piece of gauze in my butt would just aggravate the wound when I walk... It's really temping to try these things though. I guess I'm going to just keep going with miralax and my daily butt routine since it seems to be slowly helping.

I used vaseline on gauze, didn't work
I used only vaseline around the wound, not on top, didn't work
I used the cream on top of the wound, didn't work
I used the cream around the wound, didn't work.
I used the cream around the wound, with dry gauze, that did the trick. Everyime I went to the bathroom, i exchanged the gauze, I saw dried up blood on where it touched the fissure. Slowly I just used gauze and stopped using the cream. Until i felt no need for the gauze anymore.
Been a while since I replied, but I always remind the time when i had the fissure and I wished it went away. I know the pain and struggles.
The doctor who gave the exam, told me it wouldn't heal on its own, it was too far damaged. But heck, I just gave the gauze a shot and it worked :)
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 18 Jun 2013, 10:36

Are you talking about Nitro, RECTIV in the US, when you write "cream"?
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby crimeofpassion » 18 Jun 2013, 21:45

I notice a lot of people here talking about how the anal area should be dry, but it appears the old belief that a wound should be kept dry and allow to "breathe" is no longer true. New research states that keeping a wound moist results in faster healing and less scar tissue. Does this not apply to fissures?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

GGKY1959, just saying hi again

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Jun 2013, 10:45

Hi, everyone...its been some time since I last visited this site...my health has gone from bad to worse....although my fissure had healed....I have a new health issue that is now controlling my life...I won't say, but its pretty daunting. But I do want to come back and encourage everyone to please please believe that things will get better. My journey starting right after the new year and ended a few months later to my surprise and utmost pleasure. Had it not been for this support site, I would have lost my mind completely....it was truly a God Send and very much appreciated and utilized. I still encourage healthy eating, although I have slipped quite a bit (smile). So far my fissure hasn't returned, however there are days when I can feel a little pain, but not enough to panic. So hang in there, follow all the advise you can get and understand, it does eventually go away.
Have a blessed day and good luck to all of you!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby aimonaali » 19 Jun 2013, 12:03

I'm curious about this gauze thing... So do you actually push part of the gauze in your butt? And also, how is it possible to put the cream just around the wound if the wound is inside? :)If I put any cream in there with my finger, the cream is pretty much everywhere around my anus.
Edit: So I just bought some gauze. And just as I thought, I couldn't get it to over the wound because the wound is inside my butt. And it was already starting to be painful trying to squeeze the dry gauze in my butt.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 20 Jun 2013, 20:33

MMMM..my fissure is more on the outside,at the 5:00 position, according to my doctor.  I haven't been able to see it. Any how, But since it has healed, some what scared and can get sore but tolerable.
I still apply the compound of  nitro/xylocaine, once at nite instead of twice a day (I don't get headaches or dizzy) This keeps the sphincter muscles relaxed. always trying to keep my stools soft, and water, water, water.
Since April, around that time I had the colonoscopy, If I get a spasm now its about a 2/3 on a scale of pain and usually lasts for about two hours tops, I find that for some reason walking up stairs
relaxes the muscle there and diminishes the pain.
Never needed to use gauze, I just use a baby, flush able none fragrant and alcohol free wipe and then apply compound.
The best to you GGK, Lets all heal...
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15