Fissure for 6 months, 2 years later still healed and how.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure for 6 months, 2 years later still healed and how.

Postby mk87 » 19 Feb 2013, 12:25

It was a great feeling to have found a source with all sorts of people that went through the same ordeals as I did.
Tried lots of things, went to the doctor plenty of times, tried all sorts of medicine had an colonoscopy and in the end resolved the problem with a little bit of help on my own.
Thought back of all the painful days, weeks, months and wanted to share that even after 2 years i feel fine. The area scarred a bit with some tissue sometimes move around when my stomach hurts and you need to go to the bathroom a lot, but other than that, it is all gone.
The only thing I did was using the cream to numb the area (the headache cream), not on the wound, but around it. Than use a small piece of gauze, put it on the wound, between the tissue of the sphincter, have it stay there till you need to go to the bathroom, remove the gauze, add new small piece. Repeat this till the wound has healed. Each time I removed the gauze, i saw that it had some blood on there, and less and less of it after a couple of times. That's all I did. And instead of messing about for months, it was healed in a week or so. 2 weeks tops.
I had my fissure for at least half a year before that. At first the doctor thought it was something else, i used completely the wrong stuff that made the wound agitated even further, so even after that to have it cured this way is pretty remarkable.
Hope that this helps to some that have no idea what to do next. It has helped me.
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Fissure for 6 months, 2 years later still healed and how.

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:59

MK87....was your fissure on the outside...did you change your eating habits....this sounds incredibly simple...and it actually worked?????????
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby mk87 » 19 Feb 2013, 18:15

It was on and in the inside of the muscle, a cm long, running vertical. At the backside (tailbone). in the center. Text book Fissure basically.
There is obviously a lot of movement and it is a very damp, moist area. I just had to help let the wound dry up with the gauze. Each first aid kit has some, cut a small piece and leave it there. change with a new piece each time you go to the toilet. I had plenty of pre-cut pieces in my pocket or where ever in case i had to go to the bathroom. obviously trying to keep things as sterile as possible.
During this I didn't change my eating habit. Just the use of the cream around the area to relax the area and the gauze to make the wound dry up and heal.
Wished i knew this earlier so that i didn't have the feeling to push needles and pins out my ass for months. I had the colonoscopy and the doctor said I was too late with the fissure that it wouldn't heal by it self....... Soon after I figured out why not try and make the wound dry and use this method and thank god it worked for me Image
/edit, ahh i found my old topic http://anal-fissure.org/t2660p30-new-here-months-in-agony
2011, that's been a while haha. Image
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:14

mk87 thats very interesting and I am glad you found a way to heal your fissure.
That procedure sounds like a great idea when the fissures is in that area of the anal opening.
As like you said is a lot of moisture in there.
I wish it could help with mine that is on the opposite part of the anal opening and closes to my feminine parts.
I am doing a lot better this days after 8 months, I have not had any bleeding in two months, but the fissure is not gone by any means.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:23

mk87 wrote:It was on and in the inside of the muscle, a cm long, running vertical. At the backside (tailbone). in the center. Text book Fissure basically.
There is obviously a lot of movement and it is a very damp, moist area. I just had to help let the wound dry up with the gauze. Each first aid kit has some, cut a small piece and leave it there. change with a new piece each time you go to the toilet. I had plenty of pre-cut pieces in my pocket or where ever in case i had to go to the bathroom. obviously trying to keep things as sterile as possible.
During this I didn't change my eating habit. Just the use of the cream around the area to relax the area and the gauze to make the wound dry up and heal.
Wished i knew this earlier so that i didn't have the feeling to push needles and pins out my ass for months. I had the colonoscopy and the doctor said I was too late with the fissure that it wouldn't heal by it self....... Soon after I figured out why not try and make the wound dry and use this method and thank god it worked for me Image
/edit, ahh i found my old topic http://anal-fissure.org/t2660p30-new-here-months-in-agony
2011, that's been a while haha. Image

3rd day of tears, I'm willing to try anything...thanks for the information.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 25 Feb 2013, 16:58

mk87 wrote:It was a great feeling to have found a source with all sorts of people that went through the same ordeals as I did.
Tried lots of things, went to the doctor plenty of times, tried all sorts of medicine had an colonoscopy and in the end resolved the problem with a little bit of help on my own.
Thought back of all the painful days, weeks, months and wanted to share that even after 2 years i feel fine. The area scarred a bit with some tissue sometimes move around when my stomach hurts and you need to go to the bathroom a lot, but other than that, it is all gone.
The only thing I did was using the cream to numb the area (the headache cream), not on the wound, but around it. Than use a small piece of gauze, put it on the wound, between the tissue of the sphincter, have it stay there till you need to go to the bathroom, remove the gauze, add new small piece. Repeat this till the wound has healed. Each time I removed the gauze, i saw that it had some blood on there, and less and less of it after a couple of times. That's all I did. And instead of messing about for months, it was healed in a week or so. 2 weeks tops.
I had my fissure for at least half a year before that. At first the doctor thought it was something else, i used completely the wrong stuff that made the wound agitated even further, so even after that to have it cured this way is pretty remarkable.
Hope that this helps to some that have no idea what to do next. It has helped me.

I'm gonna try your remedy, hope it works....today is day one...wish me luck...I got the gauze, the cream and the will.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 12 Mar 2013, 19:55

What cream is this exactly? That's interesting that it healed dry. I always thought it needed to stay moist to heal, but maybe you're onto something if it worked. I wish I knew how deep mine was; my GP didn't tell me.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby coconut » 12 Mar 2013, 20:40

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:What cream is this exactly? That's interesting that it healed dry. I always thought it needed to stay moist to heal, but maybe you're onto something if it worked. I wish I knew how deep mine was; my GP didn't tell me.

http://www.squidoo.com/keep-wound-moist-or-dry
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 13 Mar 2013, 10:46

Wow, thanks, coconut! That answers my question.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:08

Interesting that mk87 healed with gauze. I was reading that link coconut just posted about dry wound healing. Maybe the gauze wicked in moisture and actually kept the fissure moist? Also the article about Vaseline and how it keeps bacteria out of wound. I would think using Vaseline on a fissure would just keep the bacteria on the fissure since its always dirty down there.. I guess it's sort of a trial and error thing, but I just worry that Vaseline will hinder the healing and that a piece of gauze in my butt would just aggravate the wound when I walk... It's really temping to try these things though. I guess I'm going to just keep going with miralax and my daily butt routine since it seems to be slowly helping.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31