I think I'm winning this war, folks...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think I'm winning this war, folks...

Postby GGky1959 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:14

Something strange is going on with me and Nitro and its good.....since taking this wonderful cream, along with Milk of mag....my bm's aren't as painful anymore, I no longer need to hold on tight to anything to crap. I actually am sitting on the stool like a normal human being and that's just freaking me the heck out.....and the pain, although I still feel this urge to go a few hours later, is not as bad anymore. Its only been a week, but I'm starting to think, just a little bit, that maybe, just maybe I'm actually....dare I say it...."healing"???? I'm at work today as yesterday, without pain and other than taking two Aleve for the headaches of the cream, I'm doing actually....dare I say it..."good"???
I'm not going to go crazy and think I'm cured, but I'm starting to believe I may be on the road to some type of recovery...I don't know, but it sure feels good down there for a change and I'm actually, dare I say it...kinda happy????
I still feel the cut down there, but I can sit down and not feel like I got a shard of glass stuffed up there.....I'll keep you guys posted.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: I think I'm winning this war, folks...

Postby delasama » 04 Mar 2013, 15:23

That's awesome to hear! Image . Did u have surgery or just cream? I was wondering because I see crs for first time Wednesday and was gonna ask to skip cream and beg for surgery.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:30

delasama wrote:That's awesome to hear! Image . Did u have surgery or just cream? I was wondering because I see crs for first time Wednesday and was gonna ask to skip cream and beg for surgery.

I can't afford the surgery even if I wanted it. My route is the old fashion way....Patient heal thy self!!!
I'm using Rectiv (nitro 04%) and oddly enough, I'm actually starting to find a little relief, now for how long I don't know, but for me, it may be working. Instead of seeing my doctor, any questions I have, I call the insurance nurse that's for free from our insurance company. And when I feel I need some hard core hands on advice, I come here. It was the Milk of Mag. advice giving by Suzy that really put me on the right path for this...I actually believe I can beat this on a poor man's budget and advice and I love it. Please if you do have the surgery, keep in mind a lot of people here are return customers...even after the surgery. :D
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:43

GG great news, so happy you are feeling better. Think about where you were last week. Keep going! Is the Milk of Mag strong? Can it be used if you have IBS?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:44

GG great news, so happy you are feeling better. Think about where you were last week. Keep going! Is the Milk of Mag strong? Can it be used if you have IBS? Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby CrackinUp » 04 Mar 2013, 15:52

Excellent news... so pleased you are getting on well with the Nitro. Just keep the routine up now and it should get easier each week :)
I have no idea what my backside is doing this week, but I think it's something new and not the fissure.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby sotiredofthis » 04 Mar 2013, 16:01

YEAH!!!!!!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby GGky1959 » 04 Mar 2013, 16:37

Rachael 1984 wrote:GG great news, so happy you are feeling better. Think about where you were last week. Keep going! Is the Milk of Mag strong? Can it be used if you have IBS?
\
Unfortunately Rache, I'm not really privy to information on IBS. But I don't know this for sure...I hadn't had a bm in 3 days...my stool was soo hard, it just sat there. I took MM that night and within 6-9 hours, I had a stool that was creamy soft and coming out like a ice cream cone...no pain, nothing. I didn't grab anything to hold onto or anything, I just let it do its buisness. I did of course have the sharp knifing pains that come with fissures, but nothing like I had had that weekend where I was about to die from passing my waste.....I now take that stuff religiously before bedtime each night and its working for me, oddly enough. I'd google IBS along with MM and see what hits you get, it could be a match made in heaven. (smile). Good luck friend.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 04 Mar 2013, 17:16

CrackinUp wrote:Excellent news... so pleased you are getting on well with the Nitro. Just keep the routine up now and it should get easier each week :)
I have no idea what my backside is doing this week, but I think it's something new and not the fissure.

Gee, CP, I sure hope its nothing serious....the last thing we all need is a new battle to fight along with this one. Lets just hope its hem. which I still have and they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Luka » 04 Mar 2013, 17:21

So glad to hear you're feeling better. :) I'm trying to heal myself on my own, too, with Diltiazem. It's been a roller coaster ride, though. But I can't afford botox shots or surgery much like you, so I have to make do on my own.
Best wishes and hope you beat this!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38