Please please reply. Is that a fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Please please reply. Is that a fissure?

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 12:09

Coconut I am sorry you are healing so slow. As my CRS told me "there is no silver bullet" I know that in my case too healing will take time. I hope you post soon here how well you are doing. You are right that I don't want more expensive tests, but it is true she said herself she doesn't know what is wrong with me. She did say I was quite tight still (strange because I feel a lot looser with the botox than I did before- I must have been really tight).
Delasma- I think I read that you too have no insurance? Believe it or not I spent over 8,000 last yr on this stupid fissure or whatever it is. I'm at the point now that I would go bankrupt if it meant healing. I hope that it's not a bad attidtude because I don't wish this on my family, but on the other end, what kind of wife and mother am able to be like this? I just called and got in to see my other CRS tomorrow. I hope he does a scope even though I know it will hurt like ___. If he doesn't see anything then I guess I'll go for other testing.
Thanks so much for your feedback. I will let you know what he says tomorrow.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 12:13

Keep us updated :D
I hope you get straightened out soon!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby hopefulbutt » 15 Mar 2013, 15:40

Back from the Crs. Saw something finally. He called it an anal ulcer. Said it wasn't exactly a fissure. Have suppositories of hydrocortisone (thought that bad?) and go back in one month. He said there may be more going on but that's all he could see. If not better in a month he will put me under anesthesia and really look. Had to do an enema too so he could see better. Holy cow did that burn awful. I still think I have fissure too but small. Gonna try gluten free for the month until my next appointment.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 15 Mar 2013, 17:22

hopefulbutt wrote:I really hope someone replies. I have scheduled myself for anal manometry and emg testing but I can actually feel (touch just inside) the muscle itself is insanely painful. But it is only one area- in the back. I can also feel a tiny bump- like a little slip of skin. Is it possible that this IS a fissure- but just tiny? When you guys have muscle pain is it all over or just in the area of the fissure? I've also had botox so I am not sure if this has helped the other part of the muscle. I also use nitro which gives a little help. Please give me some feedback. The pain is driving me nuts.

Fissure pain is like no other pain in the world.....if you have a bm and it feels like a razor passing through your rectum, its a fissure. If after your bm, hours later, your still suffering from the pain and can't sit or lay down without pain, its a fissure...if you feel suicidal after a bm, its a fissure. Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby delasama » 15 Mar 2013, 17:50

Atleast they finally saw something! Image
Hopefully it will heal with those suppositories.
Keep us updated..
delasama
King Fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 15 Mar 2013, 18:56

THanks so much delasama. I hope too. I am glad he saw something. I hope you are doing well. I wish my butt would heal as fast as yours seems too.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 15 Mar 2013, 19:11

hopefulbutt wrote:Back from the Crs. Saw something finally. He called it an anal ulcer. Said it wasn't exactly a fissure. Have suppositories of hydrocortisone (thought that bad?) and go back in one month. He said there may be more going on but that's all he could see. If not better in a month he will put me under anesthesia and really look. Had to do an enema too so he could see better. Holy cow did that burn awful. I still think I have fissure too but small. Gonna try gluten free for the month until my next appointment.

That's an interesting development. I've never heard of an anal ulcer. I hope the medicine works for you. Don't worry about the steroid in the short term. It takes a while before it starts to thin the skin. For non-cronic fissures, that will likely heal quickly, doctors sometimes prescribe a steroid to be applied rectally.
I had to do two enemas before my surgery. Awful. Simple terrible. Salt water on an open wound.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby delasama » 15 Mar 2013, 19:18

Mine is definitely not healed but making some progress.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby suzyljank » 15 Mar 2013, 19:51

An ulcer is a sore that doesn't heal. Another name for a chronic fissure is an ulcer.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby delasama » 15 Mar 2013, 20:10

I was wondering about that suzyljank. Hopefully hopefulbutts ulcer doesn't have a lot of tension on it like a fissure.
delasama
King Fissure