How many times a day do you poop?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How many times a day do you poop?

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Jul 2013, 10:36

Luka,
I shared a house with a girl who suffered Shy Bowel to such an extent that she wouldn't even go with anyone else in the house!! so I do get it for sure and how it must be for you. Actually it's horrible, because it restricts your freedom to go out and relax completely as there's always a bit of you worrying about when you need to go for a BM next. It's such a shame you can't get help with this because you will feel so liberated if you know you can just go out and poop when you need to anytime, anyplace. I know just from my experience of having a fissure and feeling that I could only largely deal with it from home and feeling terrified of getting caught out in public and having to poop and how I was going to manage the clean-up etc. etc. BUT tbh (and I guess largely) because I am better, I really don't care! and that in itself has made me feel so much freer these days. I don't like public toilets but once in that cubicle, I think "What the hell........no one knows me, no one can see me - maybe the person next to me has the very same issue!" and that's always been a good technique for me! Then you hear the door bang and they're gone anyway........
I hope you truly work through this one xx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Luka » 03 Jul 2013, 14:04

Ever the Optimist - Thank you for the well wishes and advice. : ) My Shy Bowel isn't so bad that I can't go to the bathroom with anyone else in the house, but it's still pretty bad. Thankfully, I have my own bathroom that no one else uses (we have two bathrooms in the house), so I get a lot of privacy that way. I could never share a bathroom with anyone, not even my boyfriend.
Thankfully, I can go on day-trips just fine as long as I don't have to leave super-early before I use the bathroom, but traveling and staying overnight anywhere is impossible for me at this point. I tried it last year for just one night on a trip with my boyfriend a couple of hours away from home and ended up in tears the next morning because I couldn't go and kept straining constantly (this was pre-fissure and I'm sure it helped to cause it in the first place, although this was last April and my fissure problems came in December). I was bloated and miserable for the rest of the short trip. It makes me sad since there are so many places I want to travel to that aren't even that far away (mainly southern California), but I can't imagine using a bathroom that isn't my own. And having the fissure (even if it is healing) makes everything so much worse. : ( My stress level is through the roof.
Thanks everyone for the comments and support. : ) I'm so thankful for this board. For now, I'm just going to focus on healing this thing and not try to obsess too much about the shy bowel. I can only do what I'm comfortable with at this point and if it means not traveling far or spending the night places, so be it for now. I still wish I didn't have to go to the bathroom 2-3 times in the morning, but it seems like it's a normal thing for my body. I'll try more soluble fiber and less insoluble fiber and see how I do.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 Jul 2013, 14:37

Aw Luka,
Truly all the best to you - Yes, focus on healing that fissure and then tackle the Shy Bowel. I really hope you manage to get both sorted as soon as you can :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby bobasTic3 » 04 Jul 2013, 18:41

one to two times. usualy 1 in the morning.
They used to be hard long time ago, but now they're quite soft although sometimes it takes a bit to push them out.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2013, 09:32

luka
Did you get those forums I pm'd you. Were you familiar with them already?
If not just look in the ref web section here.
HTH

Postby Please go-away! » 11 Jul 2013, 10:53

Please listen to every one here, as others have helped me as well,  I discovered to ease the first stool (plug) to come out,what is called The Placement Diet (a very nice Pharmacist told me this, my Gastro Doctor knows nothing about it, she just stress.Fibre Fibre ,Fibre, 35 grams).
1.Eat/start with soluble foods first. (softer/smooth foods)wither that be your Oatmeal in the morning or as part of your lunch meal.
Example..Sweet potato, steamed Kale,the protein doesn't have to be in any order if its Fish, because its digestible.
2. Follow with an Insoluble food. (acts like a brush, to sweep out the smooth foods)
Wow..and I mean WOW..Please do try it, hay if it doesn't work for you there is so much advice on this site, never give up.
Two days ago I had my visit with My Gastro Doctor to update, and tell her about this amazing technique
or Placement Diet for people whom have issues with there intestines , IBS, lazy colon,  fissures and the like.
She, said, "oh if it works" Didn't have a whole lot to say..She just kept on saying how much better I looked, well at my last visit I was in so much pain I didn't care How I looked...lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2013, 11:44

Please go-away!
Sounds good to me. But did you mean to put that post here or to start your own thread so more people can see it and be benefited.

Postby Please go-away! » 11 Jul 2013, 12:00

oops sorry, I tend to go on and on..lol.  I just tried to help bobastic to make his first BM,easier with out the plug effect.:D and so they could poop more too.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby lefthanded » 11 Jul 2013, 13:41

How many times a day? I have U/C-Crohn's, and a j-pouch (colon/rectum was removed and ileum constructed into reservoir and reattached to anus) . . . and on a good day I might go 7-10 times, but "normal" or average days it is more like 12-15 times. This has been going on for a decade now, and I have tried everything. A good day is one where I hardly notice the need . . . but I haven't had a good day like that in months, maybe years.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3